By TextTelevision, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn a poem in your hand and the poem flows in a gentle reading animation. The effect is magical, mesmeric, and revealing. You see the poem differently as it quietly reads itself to you. You get 20 great poems to keep and share, and additional poems cost less than a penny a poem.
Each day a new poem happens. With a unique mix of classic and contemporary, Poem Flow introduces you to poems you haven’t met, and lets you see (and share) old poems anew.
Experience a Poem Flow at: http://www.poemflow.com
•Text converts to animation with the turn of your hand.
•Motion + Text + Light = a movie that you watch to read.
•You get a new poem every day from a mix of the greatest poems in English.
•Previous poems persist, building a book on your device.
•Everyone reads the same poem on the same day creating instant, invisible community.
•Geolocation (with permission) reveals where and when a poem was last read.
•Share a Poem Flow with anyone with or without an Apple device.
•You get 20 great poems for free, including a full week of poem-of-the-day.
•Additional poems can be purchased for less than a penny a poem.
•You can learn a poem from a Poem Flow.
•Great for learning English, and for sharing some of the world’s most beautiful thoughts.
Poets and authors include: Shakespeare, Chaucer, Milton, Donne, Bunyan, Swift, Johnson, Blake, Shelley, Byron, Keats, Wordsworth, Whitman, Dickinson, Thoreau, Emerson, Longfellow, Poe, Twain, Tennyson, Hopkins, Houseman,Yeats, Eliot, Pound, Robert Frost, Gertrude Stein, Sara Teasdale, Amy Lowell, Hilda Dolittle, James Joyce, Wallace Stevens, William Carlos Williams, and others.
Works include: Ode to a Grecian Urn, Leaves of Grass, Paradise Lost, the Psalms, Ulysses, The Road Not Traveled, Canterbury Tales, The Highwayman, The Gettysburg Address, Book of Common Prayer, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Poor Richard’s Almanac, On Optics, Ozymandias, and Walden.
NOTE: POEM FLOW NOW INCLUDES SELECT CONTEMPORARY POEMS AND POETS.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
Fixes a bug specific to OS4 that froze the scrolling mechanism in Portrait view.
This minor update is not needed except by devices running OS4.
Great until it started taking my money.
1) Sadly, attempts to renew this poem service with in-app purchasing rang up charges but never credited me with more poems. All the app needs to do to credit the purchase is adjust an internal counter, so there is really no excuse for it to fail in this way. Worse, it started asking for my Apple password every time on launch--which a cautious person must deem suspicious behavior. Buyer beware.
This is a most annoying development because I liked the service this app provided.
2) Initially paid for 100 poems and really enjoyed reading them each morning.
3) The "flow" function of this app is an interesting idea, but I rarely used it. What this app has going for it is a good clean aesthetic and a good mix of classic and contemporary poems.
4) The persistent attempt to deliver occasional poems on occasions (and, for example, winter poems in winter) WILL try your poetic patience, but I think it is worth overlooking this curatorial weakness.
5) Small point: the year of a poem should find a place on the page with a poem. As it stands, it only appears on a momentary flash page.
If you love poetry...
This is an essential app for poetry lovers - a new poem every day, often thoughtfully selected to comment on the time of year, and a nice mix of fresh contemporary poems and classics. Something fun to think about over that first cup of coffee every morning.
Just downloaded but
Please please fix the scrolling love the app but it drives me crazy that I cannot
Scroll and read the whole poem.
The scrolling is fixed. Yea. Love this app.
Scrolling is fixed but would love to be able to delete the poems I really don't care for. And please more classic poems.
Would love to be able to delete the poems I don't like. Will load more poems when I can do this.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jul 13, 2010
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Text Television, Inc.
- © 2010 TextTelevision, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 365 Poems (1 year)$2.99
- 100 Poems (3 months)$0.99
- 365 Poems (1 year)$1.99