By Niantic, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. The newest update to Pokémon GO, the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded 650 million times and named “Best Mobile Game” by The Game Developers Choice Awards and “Best App of the Year” by TechCrunch, introduced the addition of over 80 beloved Pokémon among several other new features.
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many other Pokémon have been discovered!
Now’s your chance to discover and capture the Pokémon all around you—so get your shoes on, step outside, and explore the world. You’ll join one of three teams and battle for the prestige and ownership of Gyms with your Pokémon at your side.
Pokémon are out there, and you need to find them. As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball… You’ll have to stay alert, or it might get away!
Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops, found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments, to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.
Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind. Choose a Buddy Pokémon to walk with and earn Candy that will help you make your Pokémon stronger.
Take on Gym battles and defend your Gym
As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers.
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await!
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of March 31, 2017
- Compatible with iPhone® 5/5c/5s/SE/6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus/7/7 Plus devices with iOS Version 8 or newer installed
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 4S or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit www.PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
- If you use Pokémon GO with your Apple Watch, with your consent we use the Apple HealthKit APIs to read and/or write certain data (such as Step Count, Calories Burned, and Distance Walked) to the Health App Database on your device (the “Health App Data”).
What's New in Version 1.33.1
- Added Brazilian Portuguese language support.
- Tapping on a medal will now show your progress toward the next medal tier.
My game won't work
My game when I open it I made my account and stuff but when the profecer hands the poke balls and stuff I can't click Pokémon and I can't move on in the game
Problematic and Buggy
Again, stop deleting negative reviews!
Speed limits. 👎
No Pokestop XP w/full bag. 👎
New Nearby System. 👎
There's a defect that causes Shiny Carp from displaying properly in game. The whiskers are different colored and evolution shows as greyed out when it's supposed to be a Shiny Carp because I haven't evolved one yet, so it's definitely a defect that's keeping them from showing up properly as all yellow in the game. You need to fix this ASAP!
Game locks up again with light blue screen if the game crashes and you start it back up from the app-switcher. On that first start, the game locks up as in the last to previous version where a partial GUI interface comes up and it locks up and doesn't start. Game must be completely quit out and started again to clear it up.
Pokedex takes forever to redraw in latest version and it does this every time you open it.
Game locks up if you bring up the Pokémon inventory and use the scrolling tool on the right to scroll quickly. The graphics for each Pokémon doesn't draw them quickly enough and the game locks up and won't populate them. You seriously botched the code for both this and the Pokedex screen population and didn't test it at all.
GPS drift hasn't been fixed yet. It happens badly if you're the kind of player that texts a lot while playing. Even if you reply to a text in the popup window for iMessage, GPS is still stopped and when you return to the app, you're all over the place on the map. This happens even with just taking a few seconds to reply to the text. If it takes longer, forget it... you're gonna get bounced around bad until GPS relocks on you. Problem is, before your GPS Drift update, when returning to the game, the character wasn't so far off as it is now. I don't think you fixed anything... maybe broke it worse.
New Nearby system basically kills off the ability to see what Pokémon are closer than the ones at the pokestops. That's so stupid because if you're far enough away from pokestops where they're still on the map, but nowhere close to you, you have no ability to see what Pokémon are closer now. You're basically just walking around blind trying to find something that may or may not be there. All the pokestop info in Nearby is obstructing the ability to see the closer Pokémon on the radar view.
App is slow to start and log in. You need to fix this ASAP!!!
Your new update took away the ability to spin and get the 50XP on pokestops even if your bag is full. Ummm, last I checked, the player went through the hassle of getting to a stop and spinning it with your new imposed speed limits. Forcing them now to also have room in their bag to get a measly 50XP is just ridiculous! How cheap can you guys be? Let the gamer have their XP... it's just 50, and it's worth at least that for the hassle of walking by the stop.
Also, like I said in my other review that you deleted, the animations for Hydropump doesn't work any more. It doesn't play in gyms as you battle. You need to fix that.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS GAME! It is one of the most addicting games I have! I recommend this app if you are looking into it!😆🤗😆
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 12, 2017
- Version: 1.33.1
- Size: 291 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Niantic, Inc.
- © 2016-2017 Niantic, Inc. © 2016-2017 Pokémon. © 1995-2017 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins$0.99
- 550 PokéCoins$4.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins$9.99
- 2,500 PokéCoins$19.99
- 5,200 PokéCoins$39.99
- 14,500 PokéCoins$99.99