By Niantic, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. The newest update to Pokémon GO, the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded 650 million times and named “Best Mobile Game” by The Game Developers Choice Awards and “Best App of the Year” by TechCrunch, introduced the addition of over 80 beloved Pokémon among several other new features.
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many other Pokémon have been discovered!
Now’s your chance to discover and capture the Pokémon all around you—so get your shoes on, step outside, and explore the world. You’ll join one of three teams and battle for the prestige and ownership of Gyms with your Pokémon at your side.
Pokémon are out there, and you need to find them. As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball… You’ll have to stay alert, or it might get away!
Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops, found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments, to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.
Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind. Choose a Buddy Pokémon to walk with and earn Candy that will help you make your Pokémon stronger.
Take on Gym battles and defend your Gym
As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers.
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await!
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of December 21, 2016
- Compatible with iPhone® 5/5c/5s/SE/6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus devices with iOS Version 8 - 9 installed
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 4S or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit www.PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
- If you use Pokémon GO with your Apple Watch, with your consent we use the Apple HealthKit APIs to read and/or write certain data (such as Step Count, Calories Burned, and Distance Walked) to the Health App Database on your device (the “Health App Data”).
What's New in Version 1.29.1
- The 7-day ‘First PokéStop of the Day’ streak will now award a random Evolution item.
- Minor text fixes.
Speed locked pokestops cmon
Ok for real though you have to unspeed lock the pokestops look at it this way the majority of the game is played by kids and a lot of kids parents don't let them out of their sight so how are they ment to get pokeballs the initial idea is driving but with speed lock you can't also I can understand why but if you have a speed lock it is hard for the kids who play so that the kids can actually get pokeballs if anything also you should expand the inventory a little now since you added so many new berries so that we don't easily run out of space and the Pokémon space cause I don't want to run out of space or make the gyms maybe give you 20 coins instead of 10 so making the money is a little easier so that we can upgrade the storage ourself with the extra coins this game has improved a lot when it first started no one could even play the servers where always down Now people can't Stop playing it and we have generation 1 and 2 it has been a short year such progress in such little time oh also can you try to add in shines but make them so you can tell before clicking on them please so that if your like driving and two Pokémon pop up and you click one it might be shiny might not the other one could have been see that is saddening please make it so when it spawns it sparkles and has different colors or just has different colors that would make it way easier 4/5 Really good almost there just needs some touch-ups here and there
Great addition but wrong changes
This is a really fun game. It's exciting to see my favorite Pokemon in the real world. The bugs aren't a big deal. We need bugs to fix so the company can make the game work properly. But what hurts is the battling and leveling up of the Pokemon. First off the only time you battle is at gyms? And it's a tap like crazy swipe to dodge style instead of the turn based strategy style that made Pokemon games so intense and fun. Please make it so we can battle Pokemon to weaken them so we can catch them?? That's one of the funnest parts of all the games prior. And what's sad is you build no connection to your Pokemon. You catch a bunch of the same Pokemon and then just trade in the weakest until you catch a tougher one then trade the other one in... I want to build my team! I want to battle and train!! I'm no Pokemon trainer on this game... I'm just a poke horde that throws away the weak ones. That's never been the Pokemon style. I want that back. We all asked for a real mobile Pokemon game and it has been delivered in hands down the coolest way possible but why did you change something that worked? Guys you have millions of fans that want that game boy style still but now we get to become the masters. Just a fan with hopes for the future of this game. So much potential but you just left out what would turn a great game into the greatest game. Hope this helps in some way.
Where to begin...
*The game has been phenomenal since the water festival started! Moved my one star rating to three. I have yet to get an evolution special item, but I'm also not on my seven day streak just yet*
1. Fix the tracking. Multiple times I see a Pokémon I need or want and I search and search and can never find it. Today, I was trying to find a Pikachu and I walked in the cold and snow flying in my face and covering my poor phone, and Pikachu never popped up. Disappointed.
2. I'm tired of hatching Pokémon I don't want or need in eggs. The 10k egg I hatched today was a Skarmory. A Pokémon that doesn't evolve... awesome. Imagine my disappointment as I was freezing and covered in snow today. 5k eggs need some work too.
3. I actually do have some good days, but then I have really REALLY bad days when playing the game. The bad days consist of the majority of that day's Pokémon running away from me and breaking out of ultra ball and razz berry combos, even if the Pokémon CP isn't great. I try to focus on the good days, but it's been a struggle. I'm hoping to give this game five stars. I want to... but not 100% satisfied yet
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 24, 2017
- Version: 1.29.1
- Size: 296 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
- Seller: Niantic, Inc.
- © 2016 Niantic, Inc. © 2016 Pokémon. © 1995-2016 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins$0.99
- 550 PokéCoins$4.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins$9.99
- 2,500 PokéCoins$19.99
- 5,200 PokéCoins$39.99
- 14,500 PokéCoins$99.99