Poke Genie is a safe, reliable, accurate, and simple-to-use IV calculator for Pokemon Go – an essential tool for every Pokemon Go player. IV is an indicator of the potential of a Pokemon, a critical criterion for wisely investing stardust and candies on the worthy Pokemon.
Poke Genie helps you conveniently calculate the IVs of your Pokemon by automatically gathering information from screenshots with image recognition. No need to enter stats yourself. To further enhance IV accuracy, simply provide appraisal results from the Team Leader. Even better, a history of scan results is automatically saved and displayed in an easy-to-read view, thus keeping a reliable and easily sortable/filterable record. With Poke Genie, you can effortlessly evaluate and keep track of your entire Pokemon collection.
Ever wonder how much CP your Pokemon will have after powering it up or evolution? Poke Genie's "simulate power-up and evolution" feature shows you the exact CP and HP range as well as the amount of dust and candies it costs for each power-up and evolution. Poke Genie calculates these based on your own Pokemon's IV to give you the most precise results. With Poke Genie, you’ll never waste any dust and candies on a weak Pokemon!
Relying only on screenshot and requiring no logins, Poke Genie is fully compliant with Niantic’s terms of service and safe to use. In addition, Poke Genie doesn’t require Internet access, and can be used entirely offline.
Poke Genie is a must have tool for any Pokemon Go fan!
How to calculate IV
1) Take a screenshot of the stats page of the Pokemon you want to check
2) Set your current trainer level
3) Import screenshot
4) Optional: Provide Team Leader’s appraisal results
Poke Genie does everything else. It's that simple!
Wanna step up your game in raid and gym battles? Let Poke Genie help!
The all new Battle Simulator will pick top counters from your very own Pokemon collection to help you to boost your win rate, and reduce potion and revive usage. Poke Genie will recommend the optimal teams for raid battles with minimal user input involved (simply scan and go). Let Poke Genie pick your team, assemble in the game and play. Poke Genie will tell you exactly your chances of victory, so you can defeat raid bosses with confidence and certainty.
Need to optimize your team against a certain raid boss? Use the Breakpoint Calculator to find out the best levels to power up your Pokemon to.
- Automatically align CP arc to calculate exact the Pokemon level (measured with pixel-level precision to give you the most accurate reading)
- Display all IV combinations as well as IV range
- Simulate power ups and evolutions
- Display exact CP and HP range as well as dust and candy costs for each power-up and evolution
- Use appraisal results from team leader to narrow down IV combinations
- Keep a history of scan results
- Filter/sort scan results by IV, CP, scan date, and screenshot capture date
- Absolutely safe to use (no login required)
- Fully functional offline
Current Pro features
- Two automatic scan modes:
1. One click imports all unscanned screenshots
2. Automatically import all unscanned screenshots at app launch and while running in the background
- Display IV results immediately through banner notification while scanning in background
- Toggle view between history and new unread scans
- Remove ads
More Pro features coming soon
Supports French, German, Italian and Spanish Pokemon names
We are actively improving our scan accuracy. If you find any bugs or have any feature suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter @pokegenieinfo
Poke Genie is a third-party app made by fans, and is not affiliated with the Pokémon brand, Niantic, Pokemon Go, or Nintendo.
- Fixed issue with automatic scan merging
Ratings and Reviews
I never rate/ review apps but this one deserves it
I love this app! I'm also not one to spend money on paid versions unless they are without a doubt worth it to me, I used the free version of this app for a long time before deciding to buy the paid version, they are both great but the paid version is WELL worth the price 100%!!! So intuitive and easy to use! It actually makes playing Pokemon go twice as fun, personally without this app I probably wouldn't bother with the actual game very often because I'd really just be blindly playing without any sense of strategy or how to improve my players level etc etc. This app allows me to fully understand what pokemon to evolve/get rid of or which pokemon are best when battling/defending a gym or raid. The Pokemon's stats are really the key to the game, without understanding your Pokemon's IV levels-strengths and/or weaknesses you'll never truly be able to progress in this game! I'm sure some people still have fun without it but personally the way I play this game would not be possible without this app! 5 stars! Thanks!
Great app! A few additions would be welcome.
This app is fantastic. The convenience of being able to immediately get the information for captured Pokémon, as opposed to going to a website to manually calculate, cannot be overstated! It was well worth it for me to upgrade, too.
There are a few things that would make life easier if they were added to the app,
- The ability to edit a scanned Pokemon's stats after the fact, without having to scan it again after powering it up
- A button on a Pokémon scan's page to take you to the Pokédex entry, so you can see base stats and optimal move sets without having to navigate through the dex to find it.
- Personally the Pokédex would be much more useful to me if there was a default image set for each Pokémon. I haven't scanned every Pokémon with the app, and I'd rather not have to in order to navigate without reading the individual names. It's a small thing, but it would be nice if I scanned Pokémon weren't all (?) icons.
- The scanned Pokémon list (currently called "Scan History") could use a better layout, at least from my use of it. Something closer to how the Pokémon list is in-game. Having a lot of scanned Pokémon becomes less useful when the list gets really long. I dunno, that's more of a personal thing about the app's overall interface I guess. It works plenty well though.
Really thankful for the app, so happy to have a useful iPhone compatible app like this!
Best IV app on iOS
Bought the advanced version then paid to unlock the battle simulator. Another review mentioned a good point, this app won’t delete photos from your photo stream.
The IV checking side of things is near flawless. I do see room for improvement with the Battle Simulator. You can have it calculate your chances by using your best DPS team or your best TDO team, but the best team is frequently somewhere in the middle. It’d be nice for it to pick a team based on highest win percentage chance (then by time needed to defeat if % is max for multiple teams). I’ve had cases where powering up a mon to qualify for top 6 DPS caused my win rate to decrease because they replaced a good TDO anchor.
If giving a team based on highest win chance isn’t possible, I’d still be thrilled with the option to run the simulation with a specific custom team, as it’d allow me to guess and check what mixture of DPS and TDO is ideal.
- Poke Genie Inc.
- 178.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Poke Genie Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Poke Genie Pro $3.99
- Battle Pro $2.99
- Poke Genie Pro $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.