By Niantic, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. The newest update to Pokémon GO, the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 750 million times and named “Best Mobile Game” by The Game Developers Choice Awards and “Best App of the Year” by TechCrunch, introduced a revamped Gym gameplay experience, including the opportunity to join together with others to battle against powerful Pokémon in the new Raid Battle feature!
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many other Pokémon have been discovered!
Now’s your chance to discover and capture the Pokémon all around you—so get your shoes on, step outside, and explore the world. You’ll join one of three teams and battle for the ownership of Gyms with your Pokémon at your side.
Pokémon are out there, and you need to find them. As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball… You’ll have to stay alert, or it might get away!
Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops and Gyms—found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments—to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.
Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind. Choose a Buddy Pokémon to walk with and earn Candy that will help you make your Pokémon stronger.
Take on Gym battles and defend your Gym
As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers. You can also participate in Raid Battles at Gyms around the world. A Raid Battle is a cooperative gameplay experience that encourages you to work with up to 20 other Trainers to defeat an extremely powerful Pokémon known as the Raid Boss. If you succeed in defeating it in battle, you’ll have the chance to catch an extra powerful Pokémon of your own!
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await!
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of July 1, 2017.
- Compatible with iPhone® 5/5c/5s/SE/6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus/7/7 Plus devices with iOS Version 8 or later installed.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 4S or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit www.PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
- If you use Pokémon GO with your Apple Watch, with your consent we use the Apple HealthKit APIs to read and/or write certain data (such as Step Count, Calories Burned, and Distance Walked) to the Health App Database on your device (the “Health App Data”).
What's New in Version 1.45.0
- Items received from spinning Gym PokéStops and completing Raid Battles are now displayed in the Journal.
- Improved Pokémon Collection screen search functionality enables Trainers to search using “Defender” and “Legendary.”
- Resolved a bug that caused Pikachu hats to disappear from the in-game model and icon.
- Resolved a bug that caused some icons to disappear when scrolling through the Pokédex.
- Various bug fixes and performance updates.
Updates fix things and also ruin other things
I just upgraded to the new update that came out jus 4 days ago and unfortunately it didn’t help it actually messed it up the game now sign me out randomly it lags horribly in the middle of catching a Pokémon, it freezes a lot ,when I get pokestops it says network error and it also takes long to load the poke stop than it says try again later and it turns purple but I do receive the items It just doesn’t show them on the screen only way to find out you got them is by checking the journal, in raids I’m in the middle of a Battle and out of nowhere it took me to my home screen and sign me out before I did the 2 most recent updates the game was working just fine I was enjoying it then I did 1st update and it started to make some Pokémon disappear out of the list when you scrolled down or even open the Pokedex ill have blank spots but this 2nd update fixed that and ruined a whole bunch of other functions please fix it soon so i can get back to the game
... Wish I could play the game, but alas I am PTC
My family and I have been a dedicated players since launch and for the most part have really enjoyed playing Pokémon Go. However, we made one mistake at the start and are CONSTANTLY paying for it. Being Pokémon fans and already having a Pokémon Trainer’s Club (PTC) account, that is the method we choose to log in. Should have know it was a mistake from the beginning, as PTC was consistently plagued by outages at the beginning ... We have fought through A LOT of login issues and played one “account” to level 30 and another to level 26, but remain plagued by this login issue. It has been even more frustrating since the launch of Legendary Pokémon, having ruined several weekends of planned legendary raiding while all along Google Accounts have not had issues during the time. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE develop a way to let us switch from PTC to Google Accounts! I have spent real money on this game and feel extremely ripped off having these constant issues, that a whole group of users don’t have to experience. I will not spend another dime on this game and encourage other PTC players to save their money as well until Niantic fixes this issue!
Once they figure out all the overloaded servers/freezing/bugs, it's a 5 star app for sure! People are meeting new people at lure parties, everyone is up out and walking, and it's all super enjoyable. Figuring out everything is a bit confusing at first, but Google and friends can help to explain how everything works.
Still poké-crazed. Got an apple watch for Christmas and was psyched PoGo was an app for it. Updated my review to reflect the lameness of the watch app. My app crashes frequently, It fails to notify me of Pokestops and they don't pop up for me to spin. Also, I haven't been getting notifications of hatched eggs. It does track distance well for my eggs/buddy though. For a brief period it notified me of stops and hatches and stops showed up for me to spin, but as of lately, NOTHING. PLEASE FIX THIS!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 18, 2017
- Version: 1.45.0
- Size: 284 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Niantic, Inc.
- © 2016-2017 Niantic, Inc. © 2016-2017 Pokémon. © 1995-2017 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins$0.99
- 550 PokéCoins$4.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins$9.99
- 2,500 PokéCoins$19.99
- 5,200 PokéCoins$39.99
- 14,500 PokéCoins$99.99