Pokémon GO has now introduced social and trading features that allow Trainers to connect with each other by adding friends, sending Gifts, and participating in a new Friendship level system that unlocks bonuses. Trainers can now trade Pokémon with other Trainers nearby, earning a Candy Bonus for the Pokémon received.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. Pokémon GO is the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 800 million times and named "Best Mobile Game" by The Game Developers Choice Awards and "Best App of the Year" by TechCrunch.
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many other Pokémon have been discovered!
Pokémon are out there, and you need to find them. As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball… You’ll have to stay alert, or it might get away!
Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops and Gyms—found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments—to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.
Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind. Choose a Buddy Pokémon to walk with and earn Candy that will help you make your Pokémon stronger.
Compete in epic Gym battles
You’ll join one of three teams and battle for the ownership of Gyms with your Pokémon at your side. As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers.
Team up to defeat powerful Raid Bosses
A Raid Battle is a cooperative gameplay experience that encourages you to work with up to 20 other Trainers to defeat an extremely powerful Pokémon known as the Raid Boss. If you succeed in defeating it in battle, you’ll have the chance to catch an extra powerful Pokémon of your own!
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await!
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of June 18, 2018.
- Compatible with iPhone® 5s / SE / 6 / 6s / 6 Plus / 6s Plus / 7 / 7 Plus / 8 / 8 Plus / X devices with iOS Version 9 or later installed.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 5c or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit www.PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
- If you use Pokémon GO with your Apple Watch, with your consent we use the Apple HealthKit APIs to read and/or write certain data (such as Step Count, Calories Burned, and Distance Walked) to the Health App Database on your device (the "Health App Data").
Ratings and Reviews
Once again, the world’s gone crazy for Pokémon. This time around, the lovable pocket monsters have invaded our parks, roads, even homes. We can't stop running around the neighborhood collecting items—and capturing 3D monsters with the futuristic augmented reality makes it feel like they're actually there. Becoming a real-life Pokémon Trainer is as cool as it sounds, but the hook here—as always—is trying to catch ’em all.
Love this game, I think it can be even better if...
I love this game it got my family motivated to get out there and get fit. My kids have acquired a healthy love for walking. Reading all these reviews I think there needs to be a platform where users can make suggestions. Obviously niantic can ignore the suggestions but they might get some really good ideas from it. I think they should also have a platform for support when the troubleshooting doesn’t solve the problem. For instance the app says it has a capability for family sharing... How do we do that??? My kids play with us but they don’t have their own devices I’d love to figure out how to use that! Also I think t would be a great added bonus to getting in a gym if you could collect items from the gym regardless of where you are (similar to the option where you can feed your Pokémon from far away)and it would give ppl who are far away from any gyms or stops a chance to collect items at a rate those of us who are near them can collect them. It would also motivate ppl more to get in those gyms or get in more gyms. Additionally in the areas where there are less stops you could make more of them gyms to provide more access to players in that area. Of course you could always limit the benefit when collecting from afar like you do with feeding Pokémon maybe make it collectible only every ten minutes or something... Anyways love the game not complaining just making suggestions ;)
Great game but more content plz
I love the game and its easy to use interface but I and all of my friends at school agree that your amazing game lacks some necissary content to be a truly great game. I belive you should add trading pokemon above all else and along with that casual battles with near by players. Now for my personal favorite addition is that some people have a daily struggle with living in a small town like mine where there is literaly 1 pokestop in all of town and you never go near it so that results in having a very limited supply of poke balls which is by far the most important item in the game because without them you cant catch anything which results in the lack of xp which means you cant level up. You cant get good cp pokemon (much less pokemon at all) which means no gyms or raids. To combat this major issue I propose you and some sort of daily spin or add more pokestops and gyms. Now I doubt you (the devs) will see this much less read it all but if you do I greatly appreciate it. Thank you as I hope this may help bring life back into this once amazing and well played game.
P.S. ( I am saying this not only to make this game more fun for me but all of the friends I play this game with are compaining about a few of these issues and I would like to continue playing the game with the game with them as this is the only game I play and I fear they may quit playing if you do not add content. )
- Niantic, Inc.
- 253 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2018 Niantic, Inc. © 2016-2018 Pokémon. © 1995-2018 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins $0.99
- 550 PokéCoins $4.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.