By Niantic, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many other Pokémon have been discovered on planet Earth!
Now’s your chance to discover and capture the Pokémon all around you—so get your shoes on, step outside, and explore the world. You’ll join one of three teams and battle for the prestige and ownership of Gyms with your Pokémon at your side.
Pokémon are out there, and you need to find them. As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball… You’ll have to stay alert, or it might get away!
Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops, found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments, to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.
Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind.
Take on Gym battles and defend your Gym
As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers.
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await!
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of December 21, 2016
- Compatible with iPhone® 5/5c/5s/SE/6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus devices with iOS Version 8 - 9 installed
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 4S or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit www.PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
- If you use Pokémon GO with your Apple Watch, with your consent we use the Apple HealthKit APIs to read and/or write certain data (such as Step Count, Calories Burned, and Distance Walked) to the Health App Database on your device (the “Health App Data”).
What's New in Version 1.23.1
- Updated Apple Watch to display Eggs obtained from PokéStops
- Changed distance tracking to better account for GPS drift
- Minor text fixes.
I enjoy this game. I was around 8 when Pokemon came to the u.s. I have enjoyed Pokemon ever since. I honestly lost deep devotion for after the 3rd gen however I love the show the games the fan base. I appreciate everything this game has to offer. Every game has its down sides. I noticed that about 4 months after launch only the true Pokemon fans were left. It went from fad to fans and that's where it should rightfully be. The only thing that I would suggest is a timer for lures. When activating a lure or coming across one there is no definite way to know when the lure was set. I just caught a porygon today and I was stoked. I got my first snorlax about a week ago. I am lvl 25 coming up on 26. The best thing about this game is that it has you to explore places and go out. The landmark pokestop idea is a great premise. I am saddened by the regional Pokemon however it's been similar since Pokemon yellow red and blue. To have all the Pokemon you had to have all 3 games. Or at least red and blue. I don't want to throw ideas at you guys because I know you have a plan. I can't wait to see what's in store. Deep moment, when I feel sad or stressed I pull closer to things from my childhood whether it be Pokemon yugioh dbz drawing skateboarding. Having this in my pocket makes my darker days alot brighter I thank you.
Still so addicted!
We, a family of three kids and two adults, have been addicted to this app since it released and have played daily. Overall, we are casual players in that we add pokemon playing to things we already do such as adding an hour to walk together daily, taking gyms when we have lunch and such. We are currently between level 30 to 33 and have been very impressed with the amount of detail and the thoughtful additions to the game over time for the different ages, budgets and objectives of the players as well as not making everything about money but instead going out and wandering around. We hope that there will be more consideration given to the higher level players in terms of goals and rewards to reach. For the non competitive players in our family, we would like another option to interact with the community as well. Maybe a trading post if we have extra supplies to share or different rewards for medals/goals or even a NPC to interact in gyms with as the gyms are overrun with cheaters in our city and we have been unable to enjoy playing that aspect for several months now.
Dispose eggs and candy rewards from gym
To be honest, the egg hatching system is a little bit disappointing recently. Yes, the chance of getting a 10 km egg is increasing, but the chance of getting snorlax, lapras and dratini is not entertaining us at all, I highly suggest there should be a way for us to discard some of the unhatched egg and get new ones.
Also, in the Pokémon animation, Pokémon gets powered up or even evolved after a magnificent fight, so for all the gym features in the Pokémon go game, have you considered adding something similar? Just for us to train our Pokémon so that it can be promoted through gym fight or you can get decent amount of candy.
Moreover, I know it will be unfair for people getting more snorlax lapras dratini candy through this gym way, so probably we can add a cap for these three beasts, for other Pokémons, the gym fight way could be more fun and encourage people getting more involved in this game rather than walking all the time and get a candy hardly from buddy system.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 18, 2017
- Version: 1.23.1
- Size: 280 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Niantic, Inc.
- © 2016 Niantic, Inc. © 2016 Pokémon. © 1995-2016 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins$0.99
- 550 PokéCoins$4.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins$9.99
- 2,500 PokéCoins$19.99
- 5,200 PokéCoins$39.99
- 14,500 PokéCoins$99.99