By Niantic, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many other Pokémon have been discovered on planet Earth!
Now’s your chance to discover and capture the Pokémon all around you—so get your shoes on, step outside, and explore the world. You’ll join one of three teams and battle for the prestige and ownership of Gyms with your Pokémon at your side.
Pokémon are out there, and you need to find them. As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball… You’ll have to stay alert, or it might get away!
Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops, found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments, to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.
Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind.
Take on Gym battles and defend your Gym
As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers.
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await!
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of December 21, 2016
- Compatible with iPhone® 5/5c/5s/SE/6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus devices with iOS Version 8 - 9 installed
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 4S or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit www.PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
- If you use Pokémon GO with your Apple Watch, with your consent we use the Apple HealthKit APIs to read and/or write certain data (such as Step Count, Calories Burned, and Distance Walked) to the Health App Database on your device (the “Health App Data”).
What's New in Version 1.23.1
- Updated Apple Watch to display Eggs obtained from PokéStops
- Changed distance tracking to better account for GPS drift
- Minor text fixes.
Dispose eggs and candy rewards from gym
To be honest, the egg hatching system is a little bit disappointing recently. Yes, the chance of getting a 10 km egg is increasing, but the chance of getting snorlax, lapras and dratini is not entertaining us at all, I highly suggest there should be a way for us to discard some of the unhatched egg and get new ones.
Also, in the Pokémon animation, Pokémon gets powered up or even evolved after a magnificent fight, so for all the gym features in the Pokémon go game, have you considered adding something similar? Just for us to train our Pokémon so that it can be promoted through gym fight or you can get decent amount of candy.
Moreover, I know it will be unfair for people getting more snorlax lapras dratini candy through this gym way, so probably we can add a cap for these three beasts, for other Pokémons, the gym fight way could be more fun and encourage people getting more involved in this game rather than walking all the time and get a candy hardly from buddy system.
"GPS Drifting" was all I had... I think I'm done.
I think this may be the end of the game for me. It's winter where I live, it's below freezing most of the time and I'm in a wheelchair. I can't get outside when it's snowing and I can't feel my hands after 3 minutes of pushing my wheelchair outside. "GPS Drifting" was all I had to hatch eggs and get candies from my "buddy". I'm never near a gym because I can't get outside and anytime I'm by a pokestop I'm in a car and it says "try again" so I RARELY have pokeballs. Every update lately has only made it harder and harder for even able bodied people to play let alone people with disabilities. There are some legitimately awesome reviews on here that make some fantastic suggestions but it feels like the people in charge saw them and did the exact opposite. With that said, unless something drastic happens, I think I'm done with the game. It was great while it shortly lasted and it could have lasted WAY longer but the game itself has made it nearly impossible for me to play it.
Disappointed, Game doesn't work
I Was really happy about this game when it first came out so I figured I'd give it a try, it worked fine with no problems for months and then patch 1.21. came out and now I can't even open my game I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and that doesn't work I tried downloading it onto different devices and it still doesn't work. So I wait a couple more weeks for the next update to come out and patch 1.23 finally comes out and my game STILL doesn't work. I am very disappointed and upset by this considering i spent a little bit of real money on the game, I was really hoping I could continue playing this game but why should I bother having a game on my device when I can't even play it and the developers are literally doing nothing to fix it. If They want people to continue to play and buy their games, make sure the game works first. Disappointed!! - Sad Pickachu 😢
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 18, 2017
- Version: 1.23.1
- Size: 280 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Niantic, Inc.
- © 2016 Niantic, Inc. © 2016 Pokémon. © 1995-2016 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins$0.99
- 550 PokéCoins$4.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins$9.99
- 2,500 PokéCoins$19.99
- 5,200 PokéCoins$39.99
- 14,500 PokéCoins$99.99