It's a Pokémon board game! Get matched up in real time and join a duel now!
Pokémon Duel is a strategy board game that uses Pokémon figures. Build a deck with your favorite figures and then leap into a League Match! Compete with players from around the world for a chance to enter the top League rankings in League Matches. You'll fight your rivals in real time! Win duels, get all kinds of cool figures and items, and make your deck stronger!
The rules are simple! The object is to be the first player to get one of your figures to your opponent's goal. How will you get to the goal? You'll need to carefully choose your route! In duels, you and your opponent take turns moving your figures. Set up a strategic formation and attack your opponent, or simply block their path—it's all about tactics! Plan your strategy and defeat your opponents in this game of cat and mouse!
In duels, your deck is composed of 6 Pokémon figures. There are all kinds of figures, each with different moves and abilities. Keep this in mind as you build your own custom deck!
Make use of your custom deck and the AI! The AI is a reliable ally who will determine good moves and take your turn for you. Make full use of the AI and crush your opponents!
- Device settings
You may not be able to launch this application, depending on your device’s settings and/or how it is used. In order to maintain fairness among players, some functions may become inaccessible if certain operations (such as jailbreaking) have been performed.
- Before making purchases
iOS version 8 or higher is required for this application. Available features may depend on your device’s iOS version.
Please make sure that you can use the free-of-charge features of this product with no issues on your device before you make purchases.
Certain devices and/or configurations may also cause the application to fail to work.
- For inquiries
Please visit support.pokemon.com to report issues about Pokémon Duel.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome game, needs a few updates..
This is an awesome game to play when your bored. It really does get your brain working. There are just a few things I’d like to request.
Salon: The salon is a nice to have around just for the fun of making a character. But to be honest, every look you try to make is just.. boring. If you look at some characters such as Luca and Shannon, they have really nice looks that show you their personality. Here are some things to help improve it in my opinion. #1 Be able to customize eyes. It may not sound like much, but everyone has plain blue eyes. What if you were able to add eyelashes, or different colors for the eyes. #2 Having more hair styles. Having more hairstyles would be a fun thing to add. Especially if they added more popular hairstyles, such as braids, buns, Mohawks, etc. #3 Outfits would be the best thing to add. Everyone wears a tuxedo.. why not add some more outfits? #4 Adding a couple things such as bracelets and necklaces. Just add a couple things to add to your character to make it more like you. #5 Please, PLEASE make it so you don’t have to wear a mask. Most players probably agree with this. Last but not least, #6 If you could earn items in daily challenges to wear, that’d be great
Enough about the salon. I want to request that you make it easier to get a larger variety of gems.
My last request is that you add Pokémon that are made for defending the goal post. That is all I have to say. Thanks if you read all of this XD
If you hate it, then buy the DS version
I know people complain about the randomness of the wheel, but this is a novelty of this game. No matter how powerful the opponent’s figures are, there is always a chance that they will miss and you can knock them out. Or you could actually STRATEGIZE and use figures that have moves such as Grass Knot* which knock out figures with 120 attack or higher, Counter which knocks out the opponent if they have 20 Attack or more, and Heavy Slam* which knocks the opponent out if they have MP3 or higher. If there were set moves that people could choose to use each turn, then the players with the best figures would always win. It keeps the game random and makes players want to play more instead of give up. And the EX figures are SUPPOSE to be hard to obtain. I know they give gems out every now and then but if you collect enough you can always get new EX Pokémon. You just really have to commit to the game. I have played this game since it released in America and there have been plenty of times when they have given out 50 or 100 gems at a time and sometimes along with free EX figures. The developers are very generous to committed players, you just have to put in the time to play.
Side Note: I have also run out of space for AI tickets since I never use them. Can they be exchanged for something else of value, preferably maybe exp for figures or Material? Thanks!
Overall, 4 Stars.
Overall, it’s a pretty fun and good game. I’ve been playing pretty aggressively for the past 3 days. It’s not necessarily a pay to win type game, as you do get rewarded gems via story mode and sometimes you’ll get gifted gems. But buying definitely helps. I did spend a total of about $11 so far, and my deck is pretty good. My deck was about intermediate before I spent any money, and after $8 my deck was already really good.
Some issues would be energy consumption. As you progress the energy increases per match, and you’re capped at 110 energy no matter what. The average is about 10 energy per match (campaign mode only) so you’re not getting much playing time. Another major issue I have is how the devs set up the percentages on certain things. No exaggeration, I’ve fought a story boss at least 25 times to try and land on the blue portion of the circle (from the looks of it you have a 40% chance of landing on the red portion(coins), 40% chance on the purple portion(weak Pokémon), and 20% on the blue portion) and I have NOT yet landed on the blue portion. I’ve been in battles where I’ve landed on a Miss with lower percentages than 20%! Fix that outcome please. I know it’s suppose to be harder to get in the blue portion, but fighting 25 times and still not land on it is pretty sad.
- The Pokemon Company
- 362.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Pokémon. © 1995-2017 Nintendo/Creatures Inc. /GAME FREAK inc. Developed by HEROZ, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 120 Gems $1.99
- 876 Gems $7.99
- 120 Gems $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.