Polar Beat – Sports & Fitness Coach
By Polar Electro
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you want to get slimmer, run faster, or go further? Since 1977 millions of people have used the expertise and guidance from Polar to reach their training goals. Now you can use this same know-how with Polar Beat, one of the greatest fitness apps in the world. Join hundreds of thousands of people who are already using it and turn your iPhone into your smart training companion.
***The Polar Beat acts like a personal trainer in your palm***
***...well designed user interface that looks pretty, and the functions work easily***
Polar Beat is at its best when used together with a Polar Bluetooth Smart heart rate sensor. Polar Beat is a training and exercise app that goes beyond just recording workouts. It actually interprets your workout data, so you’ll know what your body has achieved and what to do to meet your goals more effectively.
For training indoors or out – Polar Beat works from running and cycling to gym sessions and weightlifting.
PLAN your training before you get started
- Choose a training target – maybe you want to burn calories* or beat a time or distance record
- Choose your activity – Polar Beat is suitable for any exercise, indoors or out
TRAIN at the right intensity
- Meet your training goals with the help of real-time graphical and voice guidance
- Stay at the right intensity for the most effective workout*
- Track your distance, pace and route while walking, running or cycling
- Listen to music while training
ANALYZE and understand your training session
- See what you achieved with each workout – for example, whether you improved endurance, increased your strength, or burned fat*
- Understand the impact of your workout at different intensity levels*
- Get the most accurate calorie tracking – even while exercising indoors*
- Re-live your routes on the map and get motivation from weekly summaries
- Get a deeper insight into your training with Polar Flow, our brand new training community at polar.com/flow
SHARE your results with friends
- Keep your promises - or outdo others - and shout it out on Facebook and Twitter
- See your friends’ workouts and cheer them on
- Share and relive your routes with the exciting new video feature
* When used with the Polar H7 or H6 heart rate sensor. Please note: Polar Beat is designed to be used with Polar Bluetooth Smart sensors, the only sensors supported by iPhone 4S or later. It is not compatible with other Polar heart rate sensors or wrist units, which use a different transmission technology.
Discover more about Polar Beat at www.polar.com/beat
Please note: Continuous use of GPS can dramatically decrease your phone’s battery life.
What's New in Version 1.4.4
You can now connect and share the details of your training to Apple Health app.
TIME BUG FIXED
Those of you using the 12-hour clock may have had some trouble with trainings not syncing to our web service. We’ve now found the root cause for this and are delighted to say it has been fixed. Happy training!
I love the tracking of my workouts using the H7. I do find though like others, the new update to link to Apple Health is not working and won’t let me turn it off or on. I do also seem to be having the H7 connection issues, but my work around is to make sure to force quit the app, make sure it’s showing connected in bluetooth, the open the app. Seems to get it to link up. My other wish is that we had the same activity selections we get in the Polar Flow app. I hate that I have to switch over to that to change my ‘other indoor’ to Bootcamp or circuit training. Other wise solid app. Don’t mind that it’s not screen update yet as it makes it easier to see my progress from further away.
Solid HR Tracking BUT...
I think this is one of the best apps for tracking heart rate in real time especially for the price.
Compare this to other popular apps that try to charge a monthly fee and Polar Beat's one time charge is very reasonable. However, still no health app integration even after the update. Disappointing considering how long they've had to get it right.
Love the App but Health App issue
The update says you can now connect to the Health app but under sources I do not see the Polar Beat app. I see Polar Flow only. In the settings the connect to Health is turned on but the switch is a light and slightly grayed out green. Any suggestions on how to set up the connection? Loses one star for this.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 28, 2015
- Version: 1.4.4
- Size: 24.8 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Polar Electro Oy
- © Polar Electro OY
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Polar Fitness Test$3.99
- Smart Coaching upgrade$4.99
- Benefit Target$2.99
- Running Index$2.99