Polar Beat – Sports & Fitness Coach
By Polar Electro
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you want to get slimmer, run faster, or go further? Since 1977 millions of people have used the expertise and guidance from Polar to reach their training goals. Now you can use this same know-how with Polar Beat, one of the greatest fitness apps in the world. Join hundreds of thousands of people who are already using it and turn your iPhone into your smart training companion.
***The Polar Beat acts like a personal trainer in your palm***
***...well designed user interface that looks pretty, and the functions work easily***
Polar Beat is at its best when used together with a Polar Bluetooth Smart heart rate sensor. Polar Beat is a training and exercise app that goes beyond just recording workouts. It actually interprets your workout data, so you’ll know what your body has achieved and what to do to meet your goals more effectively.
For training indoors or out – Polar Beat works from running and cycling to gym sessions and weightlifting.
PLAN your training before you get started
- Choose a training target – maybe you want to burn calories* or beat a time or distance record
- Choose your activity – Polar Beat is suitable for any exercise, indoors or out
TRAIN at the right intensity
- Meet your training goals with the help of real-time graphical and voice guidance
- Stay at the right intensity for the most effective workout*
- Track your distance, pace and route while walking, running or cycling
- Listen to music while training
ANALYZE and understand your training session
- See what you achieved with each workout – for example, whether you improved endurance, increased your strength, or burned fat*
- Understand the impact of your workout at different intensity levels*
- Get the most accurate calorie tracking – even while exercising indoors*
- Re-live your routes on the map and get motivation from weekly summaries
- Get a deeper insight into your training with Polar Flow, our brand new training community at polar.com/flow
SHARE your results with friends
- Keep your promises - or outdo others - and shout it out on Facebook and Twitter
- See your friends’ workouts and cheer them on
- Share and relive your routes with the exciting new video feature
* When used with the Polar H7 or H6 heart rate sensor. Please note: Polar Beat is designed to be used with Polar Bluetooth Smart sensors, the only sensors supported by iPhone 4S or later. It is not compatible with other Polar heart rate sensors or wrist units, which use a different transmission technology.
Discover more about Polar Beat at www.polar.com/beat
Please note: Continuous use of GPS can dramatically decrease your phone’s battery life.
What's New in Version 1.4.3
This update fixes the sign-in problem.
A top three among fitness trackers
Why this app has two stars average among reviewers is a mystery to me. I've used the app numerous times starting in 2011, and have never had a problem with it. I use the polar h7 Bluetooth smart heart rate device with this, and two other fitness apps which both get well-deserved, great reviews: runkeeper and sports tracker. I'd like to choose just one of these three to use but it's a tough decision. I need an app that can track running, cycling, and cross country skiing, as well as indoor workouts on treadmills and skiergs. The polar app does this. Like its competition, it also provides analysis of pace, speed, and heart rate, among other parameters, on a companion website. So what sets this app apart is the fitness test, which gives as good an estimate of VO2 max as you are going to get without being hooked up to a mask while running on a treadmill. This is a useful tool for tracking fitness gains across training cycles. Another feature is the ability to "relive" a session on the website, or by scrolling on the app, something of limited utility except as a motivational tool. I think every app could be better, but this one deserves 4 and half stars. I'm giving it five because it is a real contender for the title of best fitness tracker app.
I was weighing options on getting a fitness tracker like FitBit hut decided that really I only am concerned with my workouts and my heart rate. I already have and love the Polar FT7 for a simple heart rate/calorie/workout tracker so I purchased the Polar H7 to use as a Bluetooth heart rate monitor with my iPhone 6. I am pleased overall with that and also the detail tracking of heart rate zones as a basis, although slightly different per person as I have learned.
What I don't like is that there is not an App for the Polar Fitness website as while Polar Beat shows decent statistics, I like the detailed information on the website. Sure I can log on but I would prefer to have it built into the app or a separate app. Also I don't like that you can't change when the week starts, while I can do this online in my settings, the app shows a different amount of workouts in a "week"
Love the App, needs improvement
I love this Beat app and use it all the time to track my bicycle rides. I also use Polar Flow online and the Beat app automatically uploads all workout sessions to Flow. The metrics are perfect for my needs. The app tracks my route, speed and heart rate accurately. Only issue is occasional crash of iOS on my iPhone 5. I've learned to delete old workout sessions stored on my phone to reduce the incidence of crashes. (Everything deleted is saved online in Flow.) Four stars only because Polar needs to update Beat and make it easier to maintain (settings to delete old sessions, ability to delete more than one session at a time, etc.)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Aug 29, 2014
- Version: 1.4.3
- Size: 18.5 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Polar Electro Oy
- © Polar Electro OY
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Polar Fitness Test$3.99
- Smart Coaching upgrade$4.99
- Benefit Target$2.99
- Running Index$2.99