Polar Beat - Multi-Sport Fitness Tracker
By Polar Electro
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Polar Beat is the ultimate free sports and fitness tracker app from the pioneer of wearable sports technology. Running, cycling, gym, walking, dancing… Choose your favorite activity from 100+ sport profiles and start reaching your goals.
REVIEWS FOR POLAR BEAT
"Polar Beat is the best app for real-time heart rate monitoring." – CIO
PLAN, TRAIN, ANALYZE, SHARE. All in one place.
1. Make a personal training PLAN
» Choose your activity from 100+ sport profiles
» Choose a training target: distance, time or calories burned
2. TRAIN smart
» Track your distance, pace and route with GPS
» Get real-time voice guidance based on your goals
» Stay at the right intensity for the most effective workout*
3. ANALYZE and UNDERSTAND your training session
» Log all your training sessions, indoors or out, with sport profiles for a comprehensive training diary
» See what you achieved with each workout: improved endurance, increased strength or burned fat*
» See how many calories you burned*
» Understand the impact of your workout at different intensity levels*
» Re-live your routes on the map
» Analyze your training sessions and history
» Understand your overall fitness with Polar Flow, Polar's comprehensive and free web service for health and fitness
4. SHARE your achievements with your friends
» Share your training with friends, challenge them to beat your record or just spread the good vibes after an awesome workout.
- Sign in to unlock 100+ sport profiles
- Maintain a comprehensive training log using the different sport profiles
- Map your route with GPS
- Get voice guidance while you train
- See your personal bests
- Set training targets and reach your goals
- Track distance, pace and route
- Track your live heart rate with the Polar H7 heart rate sensor*
- Monitor your calories burned*
- Train at the right intensity for maximum results*
- Track distance indoors with a Polar stride sensor (Polar stride sensor required)
- Connect to Apple Health
- Share your training on Facebook and Twitter
- Connect with Apple Watch
* Features available with the Polar H7 heart rate sensor.
POLAR H7 HEART RATE SENSOR
Connect the Polar H7 heart rate sensor to Polar Beat and get accurate, live heart rate to your mobile. With live heart rate, you can make sure you're training at the right intensity. By training smarter, not harder, you can reach your goals faster, stay healthy and avoid over and under training. With the Polar Beat premium features and Polar H7 you can unlock the next level of personal fitness: specific training targets, personalized feedback and fitness assessments.
[+] Polar Fitness Test* – Measure your fitness level while you lie down and relax
[+] Polar Running Index* – See how your running performance is developing
[+] Polar EnergyPointer* – See the main effect of your workout in real time - whether you’re burning fat or improving fitness
[+] Polar Benefit Target* – Set specific training targets - like boosting recovery or improving endurance and get guidance to achieve it
[+] All-Inclusive Bundle*– Save over 35% with the premium bundle
* Features available with the Polar H7 heart rate sensor.
POLAR FLOW – A WORLD OF FITNESS
Create a free Polar account and get access to Polar Flow, a comprehensive service for anyone interested in their health and activity. In Polar Flow, you can monitor and analyze your training and share your fitness and sports moments with like-minded individuals.
DOWNLOAD Polar Beat now and turn your phone into a personal trainer.
CONNECT WITH US
Note: Continuous use of GPS can dramatically decrease your phone’s battery life.
What's New in Version 2.2
Polar Beat 2.2 offers:
- App and Voice guidance in 15 new languages Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Swedish, Turkish
- Search functionality when changing sport
- Secure Pause Button during training
New upgrade is very frustrating - doesn't track!
Nothing like going out on a hard workout and the one thing that is supposed to track your workouts, doesn't track them! The old version used to work great wherever I was. I live in downtown Chicago and could turn it on anywhere and go and it was reliable. It would work great. With this new upgrade, I make sure I am in the open, or even on the lake path before I turn it on, (around from tall buildings) and it still doesn't track anything! I am writing this because I just got done with a workout where I was trying a new route and longer distance. I turned on the app, and went on my run. After 30 minutes, running at roughly an 8:30 - 9:00 pace, the app had said I only ran 0.15 miles. So I shut it down, restarted it, and took off for another 20 minutes. This time is said I ran 0.00 miles. The clock was running the entire time so I know the app was on, as well as the Location Services. I was very disappointed as this is the 3rd time it's happened. Giving it a 2.0 because I know Polar is a good company and hopefully will fix this. Otherwise I would give it a 1.0 for design, but nothing else.
Horrible new version, nothing good to say
Polar really took what was an amazing app and absolutely trashed it. Such a terrible, horrible downgrade. Some product manager probably figured "always be iterating" and got rid of everything good about the app and then figured slapping a sleek futuristic new coat of paint on it would somehow sell.
Where to begin?
- New UI is terrible. The font is not easy to read while running. I also used to put the polar app on the floor during spin class, could read all the necessary data from atop the bike. Now it's just a blur of small typefaces.
- Voice guide is way too talkative. I don't need to know every time I switch HR zones.
- Doesn't download all data, really really hard to sync anything older than a month.
- Missing a screen lock option to prevent accidental taps.
- Similar to the above, the pause button is placed right by the home key so while running and fidgeting with the phone, it's easy to accidentally pause your workout.
There's probably more I'm forgetting and more I'm missing since I won't be using this app anymore. Such a shame.
Wounded vet trying to lose weight
IED took my legs in 07' and haven't been able to exercise by running so I bought the Bluetooth polar sensor and hit the speed bag or walk on prosthesis for cardio. The polar watch I bought worked for a while but it's not reading accurately like my phone is. The phone works great with iOS and I absolutely love how the app tells you what kind of training you completed and what it has improved. I also like how it divides up heart rate zones.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Sep 21, 2016
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 72.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Polar Electro Oy
- © Polar Electro Oy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Polar Fitness Test$3.99
- Smart Coaching upgrade$4.99
- Benefit Target$2.99
- Running Index$2.99