By Mobeezio, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ever wonder what is the exact opposite point on the earth from where you're standing? If you dug a hole to the other side of the earth where would you end up? What is the diametrically opposite point on the earth from where you are standing? Answer these plus figure out the polar opposite point ("antipode") of any other location you choose around the world.
Antipode [an-ti-pohd] = place diametrically opposite each other on the globe, direct or opposite point, polar opposite.
For more information on antipodes, see Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antipodes
Impress your friends and family with instant prediction of any antipode. Enhance your geography knowledge with this simple and fun app.
* Instant access to any antipode on earth
* Choose starting point from either manual entry or your address book
* Toggle between viewing modes by zooming into the start point, end point, overview, or by manually zooming into any point on the map
* Full Google map integration
Note: Internet connection required.
+++ For complete instructions, please click on the Polar Opposite icon within the application +++
** Please check out our other apps, Dog Whistler (formerly in Top 10 overall free apps), Mobile Caddy (previously chosen as a Staff Favorite), Screecher, Thumper, Date Util, and Gift Tracker
What's New in Version 1.1
Based on feedback,
* major change made to add a help & instructions option from the main page rather than in older version which was behind Polar Opposite logo at the top of the page,
* GPS functionality added for simplicity in pulling up current location,
* minor bugfixes
Exactly as advertised...
In a sea of half-a$$ed apps, it's always nice to find one that works every time. The data is accurate the UI is straight forward and it's cool to show your people....and under a buck....if only everything was this economical!!!
This ap has atractve maps and is interesting to view. My kids are from China and it is fun to see that not all places you would dig through the earth would you be in China.
This world globe can help me find out how far away the tip of Argentina is away from Antarctica!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 16, 2009
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 0.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mobeezio, Inc.
- © Mobeezio 2009
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.