Polarr is the only photo editor you need.
It doesn't matter if you're new to photography or a pro, Polarr has it all. Novices will appreciate that Polarr offers advanced auto-enhance tools and sophisticated filters to edit all the details of your photo. Pro photographers will look forward to our layer support, curve tools, local adjustments and so much more.
Polarr is a powerful photo editor for Mac. Here's what you get:
• Custom overlay and complex blending modes
• Dual lens effects and depth adjustments
• Complete set of masking and local adjustment tools
• Advanced suite of face-editing tools with smart detection
• Create, customize and share your own filters
• Batch exporting
• Photos extension
• Make and share your own custom Filters
• Get started with basic filters, grow with pro filters
• Sync filters between all of your devices
Layers and blending modes
• Superimpose photos with 10 and more blending modes
• Add photorealistic effects like clouds, weather effects, light leaks, flares and more
• Duotone your photos with our presets or create your own unique flavor
Local adjustments include
• Depth mask: Adjust photo based on depth using the dual camera
• Brush mask: Draw your mask with an advanced edge-aware brush
• Color mask: Selective adjustment with color
• Radial mask: Circular adjustment over your photo
• Gradient mask: Adjusting photo over a gradient
• Luminance mask: Selective adjustment based on brightness.
• Additional local tools: Lens blur, feathering, invert, and more
• Blend any local adjustment mask with an overlay
• Unlimited stacking of local adjustments.
Global adjustments include
• Intelligent auto enhance for exposure and white balance
• Color: Temperature, Tint, Vibrance, Saturation
• Light: Dehaze, Exposure, Brightness, Contrast, Highlights, Shadows, Whites, Blacks, Diffuse
• Detail: Clarity, Sharpen, Denoise (Color and Luminance)
• Vignette: Amount, Highlights, Roundness
• Lens: 8-point perspective distortion tool, horizontal, and vertical perspective
• Effect: Custom fringing, Pixelate, Noise amount and size
• HSL: Hue, Saturation, Luminance for eight color channels
• Curves: Master, blue, red, green channels
• Toning: Highlight and shadow tone, tone balancing
• Denoise: Focus, enhancement, and clarity
• LUT: Import and export 3D LUT
• Border tool: add a border that auto-suggests colors based on the content of your photo
Polarr is customizable
• Select from dark or white color themes or create and share your own
• Two workspaces available: Pro and Express
• Rearrange icons to make the app yours
Works on all of your devices
• Polarr is available for all your devices: mobile, desktop and the web
• Your pro subscription follows you on all your devices
Polarr Pro Subscription options:
$2.49 per month
$23.99 per year
You can subscribe to get access to all filters and pro tools offered within Polarr Photo Editor.
Subscriptions are billed monthly or annually at the rate selected depending on the subscription plan. Alternatively, a one-time payment plan, if provided, might be available (this is not a subscription).
Subscriptions auto-renew at the cost of the chosen package, unless canceled 24-hours in advance prior to the end of the current period. The subscription fee is charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. You may manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
This is our biggest release since early May when we introduced overlays, a new depth mask, gradients, and duotones.
Here's what is new in Polarr for Mac:
• New text tools. You can now import custom fonts, add shadows, borders, change perspectives, erase and blend with color, radial, gradient, depth and brush masks.
• New border tools. We added a border tool that automatically suggests border colors based on the color of your photo. You can also adjust border size and aspect ratio.
• New fringing tool. You can now add more type of blurs, colors, as well as controlling the radius and center point of the fringing tool.
• New 8 point perspective distortion tool with auto clipping. Now pro members can use this new tool to create free distortion in their image.
• Edge-aware brush for pro members, now brushing automatically turns on edge aware to help you make more precise brush adjustment.
• Mesh preview for liquify tools, you can now preview the distortion mesh of the liquify tool.
• Revamped filter creation dialog, it is now much easier to preview and configure your filters than previously.
• New color themes and more flexibility to control color themes.
• Make face edits part of custom filters.
• Lots of bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I appreciate this app so much. I’ve been using it on my phone for a while, and I recently discovered I could use it on my Macbook Pro as well. WHOA>>>. Don’t get me wrong, I love photoshop and it has its uses. But honestly, this app does so many of the same things, and in several cases of those instances, Polarr is much easier to use. I am not a professional photographer. I am a real estate agent and a musician, and I love taking pictures. I find myself using this app way more often than I do photoshop. It serves my purposes easily and using it is a breeze! Seriously. Just download it. I’ll be supporting the company ASAP and buying the pro version for the additional features. Honestly, even if I didn’t use the additional features I’d probably still buy the app just to show support.
Thank you all for what you do!
Hit The Ground Running
If you want to hit the ground running with a topnotch photo app, look no further. I am an amateur who's tried 7 or 8 others. They are all good, but this is the best, short of those I suppose full-time professionals would need to interface with movies and slick magazines and such as that. It operates on Mac, Windows, etc., and smoothly interfaces with the Photo libraries of those systems. The owner can use it on five devices. I use it on MacBook, iPad, and iPhone.
I can't think of a way they could have made this a more user-friendly app. Every feature has a little window that pops up as a reminder of how to work it. If that isn't enough, one click links to a training video that clearly demonstrates how to use that feature, along with some handy tips.
Thank you for the great review! Glad you're enjoying the app :)
Reach out to us via support if you ever have feedback or ideas you'd like to see!
I love this app, but let me tell you why…
Dude. Let me tell you I love this app. I am working for a client and need to schedule stock images on her Planoly account. This app not only lets me edit the stock photos to help make her theme coherent, it also lets me crop the image so it is perfect for instagram as a preset. That preset has saved me loads of time, especially when she gives me an abundance of photos that she needs uploaded ASAP, I can do a “batch save” and then upload them all.
This is the best app that I have found for what I need, and I have the free version. 11/10 would highly recommend to anyone who asked. I even have my client using it now!
- Polarr Inc
- 87.4 MB
- English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2018 Polarr, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.