Polarr is the only photo editor you need.
It doesn't matter if you're new to photography or a pro, Polarr has it all. Novices will appreciate that Polarr offers advanced auto-enhance tools and sophisticated filters to edit all the details of your photo. Pro photographers will look forward to our layer support, curve tools, local adjustments and so much more.
Polarr is a powerful photo editor for Mac. Here's what you get:
• Custom overlay and complex blending modes
• Dual lens effects and depth adjustments
• Complete set of masking and local adjustment tools
• Advanced suite of face-editing tools with smart detection
• Create, customize and share your own filters
• Batch exporting
• Photos extension
• Make and share your own custom Filters
• Get started with basic filters, grow with pro filters
• Sync filters between all of your devices
Layers and blending modes
• Superimpose photos with 10 and more blending modes
• Add photorealistic effects like clouds, weather effects, light leaks, flares and more
• Duotone your photos with our presets or create your own unique flavor
Local adjustments include
• Depth mask: Adjust photo based on depth using the dual camera
• Brush mask: Draw your mask with an advanced edge-aware brush
• Color mask: Selective adjustment with color
• Radial mask: Circular adjustment over your photo
• Gradient mask: Adjusting photo over a gradient
• Luminance mask: Selective adjustment based on brightness.
• Additional local tools: Lens blur, feathering, invert, and more
• Blend any local adjustment mask with an overlay
• Unlimited stacking of local adjustments.
Global adjustments include
• Intelligent auto enhance for exposure and white balance
• Color: Temperature, Tint, Vibrance, Saturation
• Light: Dehaze, Exposure, Brightness, Contrast, Highlights, Shadows, Whites, Blacks, Diffuse
• Detail: Clarity, Sharpen, Denoise (Color and Luminance)
• Vignette: Amount, Highlights, Roundness
• Lens: 8-point perspective distortion tool, horizontal, and vertical perspective
• Effect: Custom fringing, Pixelate, Noise amount and size
• HSL: Hue, Saturation, Luminance for eight color channels
• Curves: Master, blue, red, green channels
• Toning: Highlight and shadow tone, Tone balancing
• Denoise: Focus, enhancement, and clarity
• LUT: Import and export 3D Lut
• Border tool: add a border that auto-suggests colors based on the content of your photo
Polarr is customizable
• Select from dark or white color themes or create and share your own
• Two workspaces available: Pro and Express
• Rearrange icons to make the app yours
This version is for Mac OS only and requires a one-time payment when you purchase the app. However, you can purchase a Polarr Pro subscription in the free version of Polarr Photo Editor to access all platforms. Cross-platform access is only granted under subscription plans.
• New: Supports loading RAW photos!
• Enhanced: Settings menu has been revamped to provide debug info when you email support with bug issues.
• Enhanced: Significantly faster startup launch time
• Misc: Various bug fixes
Email us, email@example.com, if you find any bugs, have feedback, or need help with anything!
Ratings and Reviews
no subscription for me
I bought this app as well before they decided to have a whole subscription thing and unlike others, they haven’t charged me for anything so far. I’m using it as pro and have all the filters and tools available for me to use. I’m not sure why others having this issue if they had purchased it before they decided to have subscription on it. I too would be upset and leave a bad review especially being one of the few people who had purchased before they decided on that. So I completely understand.
As for the app itself, they pretty much have everything you need to edit photos except color splash. Either I don’t see it or can’t find that option lol It’s fairly easy to use so I don’t think I’m missing anything but as for editing photos, it’s great. They have tutorial videos as well if it can get confusing. So 5 stars for me~
Not what they make it out to be
I couild easily give this app 5 stars because it is incredibly featured.
The product is misrepresented. It is a play on word. They indicate that they support tons of raw formats and they do. And that is where it ends.
Yes you can open a raw file and it looks outstanding on my Apple Monitor or my Ipad Pro but that is where it ends.
When it opens the raw file it immediately creates a Jpeg version of that file for you to make your adjustments on. You ae not using the raw file like you would do in other raw procssiong software like Lightroom, Picktorial, Affinity Photo, etc. That is where the scam is. You are led to beleive my reading that it supports raw files that it is actually opening a raw file you shot with your camera which siimply is not true. Because you are working onb a jpeg image you have limited adjustment ranges you can work with. That is the scam.
Is it a good product for adjusting Jpeg images. Yes it is but would you get better adjustment potential with a raw file. Yes you would.
So if you are anticipating processing your raw file then you better look elsewhere because this program will not do it.
Just to be clear. A raw file is 16 bit and a Jpeg file is 8 bit. Jpeg files are compressed, raw files are not. Everytime you work on that compressed file you are throwing away more and more image data and if you apply too much processing you will ruin the hard work you put into it to get a great final image.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback, Elliot. Full RAW support is coming :)
Bad Update Doesn’t Allow Certain Pictures to be Edited
Polarr help support refuses to work with me to try to work through the errors and dropped contact with me, very poor customer service. I have tested several cameras to see if just my camera’s raw files are causing this issue but its not the case, I have tested a GH3, GX8, and G9 and all three cameras will have the randomest photo files that don’t work.
This app was good until in this latest update the editor now doesn’t edit certain specific photos at random. I don’t know the qualifications for what does this to certain photos but I can shoot a whole batch of photos and photo P……131 will be perfectly fine in the editing then P…….132 will glitch out and not work for some reason even when they are the same RAW file. This needs to be fixed especially when I have clients expected my work to be turned over fast or I will go to another platform.
Developer Response ,
Can you try the new update for the Mac app? Thanks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.