Polarr is the only photo editor you need.
It doesn't matter if you're new to photography or a pro, Polarr has it all. Novices will appreciate that Polarr offers advanced auto-enhance tools and sophisticated filters to edit all the details of your photo. Pro photographers will look forward to our layer support, curve tools, local adjustments and so much more.
Polarr is a powerful photo editor for Mac. Here's what you get:
• Custom overlay and complex blending modes
• Dual lens effects and depth adjustments
• Complete set of masking and local adjustment tools
• Advanced suite of face-editing tools with smart detection
• Create, customize and share your own filters
• Batch exporting
• Photos extension
• Make and share your own custom Filters
• Get started with basic filters, grow with pro filters
• Sync filters between all of your devices
Layers and blending modes
• Superimpose photos with 10 and more blending modes
• Add photorealistic effects like clouds, weather effects, light leaks, flares and more
• Duotone your photos with our presets or create your own unique flavor
Local adjustments include
• Depth mask: Adjust photo based on depth using the dual camera
• Brush mask: Draw your mask with an advanced edge-aware brush
• Color mask: Selective adjustment with color
• Radial mask: Circular adjustment over your photo
• Gradient mask: Adjusting photo over a gradient
• Luminance mask: Selective adjustment based on brightness.
• Additional local tools: Lens blur, feathering, invert, and more
• Blend any local adjustment mask with an overlay
• Unlimited stacking of local adjustments.
Global adjustments include
• Intelligent auto enhance for exposure and white balance
• Color: Temperature, Tint, Vibrance, Saturation
• Light: Dehaze, Exposure, Brightness, Contrast, Highlights, Shadows, Whites, Blacks, Diffuse
• Detail: Clarity, Sharpen, Denoise (Color and Luminance)
• Vignette: Amount, Highlights, Roundness
• Lens: 8-point perspective distortion tool, horizontal, and vertical perspective
• Effect: Custom fringing, Pixelate, Noise amount and size
• HSL: Hue, Saturation, Luminance for eight color channels
• Curves: Master, blue, red, green channels
• Toning: Highlight and shadow tone, Tone balancing
• Denoise: Focus, enhancement, and clarity
• LUT: Import and export 3D Lut
• Border tool: add a border that auto-suggests colors based on the content of your photo
Polarr is customizable
• Select from dark or white color themes or create and share your own
• Two workspaces available: Pro and Express
• Rearrange icons to make the app yours
This version is for Mac OS only and requires a one-time payment when you purchase the app. However, you can purchase a Polarr Pro subscription in the free version of Polarr Photo Editor to access all platforms. Cross-platform access is only granted under subscription plans.
This is our biggest release since early May when we introduced overlays, a new depth mask, gradients, and duotones.
Here's what is new in Polarr for Mac:
• New text tools. You can now import custom fonts, add shadows, borders, change perspectives, erase and blend with color, radial, gradient, depth and brush masks.
• New border tools. We added a border tool that automatically suggests border colors based on the color of your photo. You can also adjust border size and aspect ratio.
• New fringing tool. You can now add more type of blurs, colors, as well as controlling the radius and center point of the fringing tool.
• New 8 point perspective distortion tool with auto clipping. Now pro members can use this new tool to create free distortion in their image.
• Edge-aware brush for pro members, now brushing automatically turns on edge aware to help you make more precise brush adjustment.
• Mesh preview for liquify tools, you can now preview the distortion mesh of the liquify tool.
• Revamped filter creation dialog, it is now much easier to preview and configure your filters than previously.
• New color themes and more flexibility to control color themes.
• Make face edits part of custom filters.
• Lots of bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
no subscription for me
I bought this app as well before they decided to have a whole subscription thing and unlike others, they haven’t charged me for anything so far. I’m using it as pro and have all the filters and tools available for me to use. I’m not sure why others having this issue if they had purchased it before they decided to have subscription on it. I too would be upset and leave a bad review especially being one of the few people who had purchased before they decided on that. So I completely understand.
As for the app itself, they pretty much have everything you need to edit photos except color splash. Either I don’t see it or can’t find that option lol It’s fairly easy to use so I don’t think I’m missing anything but as for editing photos, it’s great. They have tutorial videos as well if it can get confusing. So 5 stars for me~
I like it. Nice results with minimal effort
UPDATE: It was suggested by the Developer to close and re-open the app to set the color. Multiple attempts to do so did not correct the problem and I could not get rid of the white window. Ultimiately, I had to delete the app and reinstall in order to get it to work properly. Just atned to post this in the event anyone else has run into a similar problem. Don’t give up hope!
ORIGINAL REVIEW: This has been a nice app for getting great results fast. But I just updated to the lastest version and am versy disappointed to find the workspace is a white background. No other photo editing app I use has a white background. It’s too harsh on these old eyes to be of value anymore (unless I wear sunglasses when editing). Hopefully they’ll get this straightened out as I do like that I can have this app on my iOS devices and my MacBook Pro!
Hello, you can try close the app completely, and relaunch it, change the color theme in the app settings to be black. We're sorry about this. If this is helpful, we'd appreciate if you can revise your review!
Not what they make it out to be
I couild easily give this app 5 stars because it is incredibly featured.
The product is misrepresented. It is a play on word. They indicate that they support tons of raw formats and they do. And that is where it ends.
Yes you can open a raw file and it looks outstanding on my Apple Monitor or my Ipad Pro but that is where it ends.
When it opens the raw file it immediately creates a Jpeg version of that file for you to make your adjustments on. You ae not using the raw file like you would do in other raw procssiong software like Lightroom, Picktorial, Affinity Photo, etc. That is where the scam is. You are led to beleive my reading that it supports raw files that it is actually opening a raw file you shot with your camera which siimply is not true. Because you are working onb a jpeg image you have limited adjustment ranges you can work with. That is the scam.
Is it a good product for adjusting Jpeg images. Yes it is but would you get better adjustment potential with a raw file. Yes you would.
So if you are anticipating processing your raw file then you better look elsewhere because this program will not do it.
Just to be clear. A raw file is 16 bit and a Jpeg file is 8 bit. Jpeg files are compressed, raw files are not. Everytime you work on that compressed file you are throwing away more and more image data and if you apply too much processing you will ruin the hard work you put into it to get a great final image.
Thanks for the feedback, Elliot. Full RAW support is coming :)
- Polarr Inc
- 87.4 MB
- macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2018 Polarr, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.