Polarr is the only photo editor you need.
It doesn't matter if you're new to photography or a pro, Polarr has it all. Novices will appreciate that Polarr offers advanced auto-enhance tools and sophisticated filters to edit all the details of your photo. Pro photographers will look forward to our layer support, curve tools, local adjustments and so much more.
Polarr is a powerful photo editor for Mac. Here's what you get:
• Custom overlay and complex blending modes
• Dual lens effects and depth adjustments
• Complete set of masking and local adjustment tools
• Advanced suite of face-editing tools with smart detection
• Create, customize and share your own filters
• Batch exporting
• Photos extension
• Make and share your own custom Filters
• Get started with basic filters, grow with pro filters
• Sync filters between all of your devices
Layers and blending modes
• Superimpose photos with 10 and more blending modes
• Add photorealistic effects like clouds, weather effects, light leaks, flares and more
• Duotone your photos with our presets or create your own unique flavor
Local adjustments include
• Depth mask: Adjust photo based on depth using the dual camera
• Brush mask: Draw your mask with an advanced edge-aware brush
• Color mask: Selective adjustment with color
• Radial mask: Circular adjustment over your photo
• Gradient mask: Adjusting photo over a gradient
• Luminance mask: Selective adjustment based on brightness.
• Additional local tools: Lens blur, feathering, invert, and more
• Blend any local adjustment mask with an overlay
• Unlimited stacking of local adjustments.
Global adjustments include
• Intelligent auto enhance for exposure and white balance
• Color: Temperature, Tint, Vibrance, Saturation
• Light: Dehaze, Exposure, Brightness, Contrast, Highlights, Shadows, Whites, Blacks, Diffuse
• Detail: Clarity, Sharpen, Denoise (Color and Luminance)
• Vignette: Amount, Highlights, Roundness
• Lens: 8-point perspective distortion tool, horizontal, and vertical perspective
• Effect: Custom fringing, Pixelate, Noise amount and size
• HSL: Hue, Saturation, Luminance for eight color channels
• Curves: Master, blue, red, green channels
• Toning: Highlight and shadow tone, tone balancing
• Denoise: Focus, enhancement, and clarity
• LUT: Import and export 3D LUT
• Border tool: add a border that auto-suggests colors based on the content of your photo
Polarr is customizable
• Select from dark or white color themes or create and share your own
• Two workspaces available: Pro and Express
• Rearrange icons to make the app yours
Works on all of your devices
• Polarr is available for all your devices: mobile, desktop and the web
• Your pro subscription follows you on all your devices
Polarr Pro Subscription options:
$2.49 per month
$23.99 per year
You can subscribe to get access to all filters and pro tools offered within Polarr Photo Editor.
Subscriptions are billed monthly or annually at the rate selected depending on the subscription plan. Alternatively, a one-time payment plan, if provided, might be available (this is not a subscription).
Subscriptions auto-renew at the cost of the chosen package, unless canceled 24-hours in advance prior to the end of the current period. The subscription fee is charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. You may manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Mac friends, we’re here with a new update for you! This update brings the Mac app to feature parity with our iOS app and fixes a bunch of Mac-specific bugs. Here’s what’s new in the latest version of Polarr for Mac:
• New: Reflect effect
• Updated: Pixelate effect
• New: Ability to ‘flatten’ an image
• New: 1 free pro export per day for free users
• Fixed: Rendering bug
• Fixed: LUT export bug
• Misc: Other bug fixes and performance improvements
There’s a new effect called Reflect that will mirror your photos in super exciting ways. The pixelate tool now has more shapes like hexagons and dots.
For users without a Polarr Pro subscription, we’re giving the ability to export one image per day when using pro tools. You can still save as many photos as you want with the free tools.
Email us, email@example.com, if you find any bugs or need help with anything!
Ratings and Reviews
Customer Service Refuses to Cooperate
A couple months ago Polarr created its latest update and ever since glitches up like crazy. Random photos in a sequence of shots will not work and there is nothing I have been able to discover that causes it. Sometimes it is literally the same photo in all settings taken at the same shot just simply in sequence and photo P…..132 will work and the next photo P…..133 won’t work. I have also tested this across multiple platforms and cameras to see if simply one of my things was messed up. I tested the editing program on a 2013 MacBook Pro and my 2017 iMac and both systems have this problem. I tested this across three seperate cameras which are ALL listed as having RAW conversion support on Polarr’s website, but just in case I even converted these files to JPEG previously and then tested and the problem still occured. I tested this on a GH3, GX8, and G9.
Possibly the worst part of this all is how Polarr has refused to listen and try to work with me to fix the problem. When I contacted them over email at first because of these issues they simply blew it off and refused to work on the issues with me. Very sad considering I paid for their pro edition already in full. Very poor customer service combined with a faulty program has drawn me away from Polarr and I just wanted to give a heads up to any serious photo editors that this program is a waste of your time now unfortunately.
Developer Response ,
Can you try the new update? Thanks!
I appreciate this app so much. I’ve been using it on my phone for a while, and I recently discovered I could use it on my Macbook Pro as well. WHOA>>>. Don’t get me wrong, I love photoshop and it has its uses. But honestly, this app does so many of the same things, and in several cases of those instances, Polarr is much easier to use. I am not a professional photographer. I am a real estate agent and a musician, and I love taking pictures. I find myself using this app way more often than I do photoshop. It serves my purposes easily and using it is a breeze! Seriously. Just download it. I’ll be supporting the company ASAP and buying the pro version for the additional features. Honestly, even if I didn’t use the additional features I’d probably still buy the app just to show support.
Thank you all for what you do!
Hit The Ground Running
If you want to hit the ground running with a topnotch photo app, look no further. I am an amateur who's tried 7 or 8 others. They are all good, but this is the best, short of those I suppose full-time professionals would need to interface with movies and slick magazines and such as that. It operates on Mac, Windows, etc., and smoothly interfaces with the Photo libraries of those systems. The owner can use it on five devices. I use it on MacBook, iPad, and iPhone.
I can't think of a way they could have made this a more user-friendly app. Every feature has a little window that pops up as a reminder of how to work it. If that isn't enough, one click links to a training video that clearly demonstrates how to use that feature, along with some handy tips.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the great review! Glad you're enjoying the app :)
Reach out to us via support if you ever have feedback or ideas you'd like to see!
- Polarr Inc
- 83.8 MB
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2018 Polarr, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.