Listen to the largest collection of police, fire, EMS, airport, railroad, comedy, talk, and music stations. That's over 40,000 stations available for free.
Get the original police scanner app that has everyone hooked - as seen on "The Amazing Spider-Man" movie.
- Record stations for future playback and for emailing an mp3 copy to yourself or others
- Set an alarm in the app and wake up to your favorite station
- Listen to our app while you sleep and set a timer to stop the station at a certain time
- View the current artist and song name that is playing
- Run the app in the background and do other things on your device while you listen to the app
- Choose your own background from your photo library
- Chat with other listeners
- Tweet the station and song you're listening to your Twitter followers
- Notifications are enabled to notify you of the current song that the station changed to while the app is in the background
- Save a station to your favorites for quick and easy access
- List and search radio stations by popularity, genre, song name, and artist
- List scanner stations by popularity and location
- Use your device's GPS to easily find stations located near you
- The screen glows blue and red on the bottom to the beat of the music or whenever someone talks
- The rings in the center of the player act as a clock
- Add your own custom stations
- This app is compatible with most iPod/iPhone docks, bluetooth devices, and other iPod devices
- Compatibility update for iOS 11
- Various bug fixes
- UI updates
Ratings and Reviews
Using as a Police Scanner
I really enjoy this app! Have not delved beyond the police scanner yet, as that was main reason to use it.
It works exactly as you would want for that. So many options! I live in a large city in CO and rest of my family live back in MI. This lets me not only know what is happening here in this huge city around me, but I can keep an ear out on my adult kids to👍🏼
Interesting how you learn that when police departments complain how underfunded they are, or under staffed, by hearing that on any given weekend, in any district, only 3-4 cars are on the late night shift, and complaint calls hold for over 24 hrs....you can understand the frustration from not only the people in the city, but very much so by the police who have to answer those insanely late response times! Last weekend Friday night, 2am, 4 different calls were held involving guns and knives simply because there was no one to respond!
Yup. Sorry for the long story, but this app has actual learning value to it. 109% recommendation ✌🏽
One of the best for free!
I shouldn't complain about the ads since it's free but they can be a pain. Sometimes the full screen ads won't allow you to X out of them. 95% of the time it works great though. It's nice to know what's going on around my neighborhood!
Since the last iPhone update, I've been getting bumped off a lot! I'll play my game, which I've done several times in the past with no problems but now it's very annoying! Now I'm conflicted on my rating. Please fix!
Since my last post, I've learned that I have to update all my apps for this to work appropriately! I quits on me if I have anything pending. Also once you've established your station and if you can successfully "X" out of the ad, go the one page back, where you chose your station and then you can listen while doing other things on your phone without getting bumped off! I think leaving it on the clock page leaves it vulnerable to quitting! Now that I've figured all of this out, I can enjoy it! Thanks!
Interesting entertainment, plus has TONS of music stations
Happened across this on the App Store, and was like:
“Oh yeah! That’s right! They have these thingies where you can listen in, to the police scanners”!! Had forgot these things existed LOL. Interesting to listen to. Your area, or anywhere else.
Ironically, the next day, my neighbors were having a domestic issue.. I knew police had to have been called; & sure enough, I heard it.. So it’s definitely fascinating.
Then I see there’s music stations worldwide, too!! Diff than my other platforms. I’m into electronic music, & the more unique styles of European deep house & minimal tech stations available for example, had me pretty dang excited!
3 stars for the tech issues, crashes, cutting out, etc., but other than that, it’s fun to clean house and listen to music, or to what’s going on in my city, crime-wise. Although I’m sure there are private, non-transmittable channels also used, it’s still cool to listen to occasionally.
- Rego Apps, LLC
- 70.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Rego Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.