By Rego Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
50% Off Sale Today Only
The most updated and #1 rated police scanner app now has the most stations available. Upgrade now and gain access to exclusive feeds with new ones added daily. Find out why the new Police Scanner+ app is now everyone's favorite app.
- The largest collection of police, fire, EMS, airport, railroad, comedy, talk, and music stations.
- Record stations for future playback and for emailing an mp3 copy to yourself or others
- Set an alarm in the app and wake up to your favorite station
- Listen to our app while you sleep and set a timer to stop the station at a certain time
- View the current artist and song name that is playing
- Run the app in the background and do other things on your device while you listen to the app
- Choose your own background from your photo library
- Chat with other listeners
- Tweet the station and song you're listening to your Twitter followers
- Notifications are enabled to notify you of the current song that the station changed to while the app is in the background
- Save a station to your favorites for quick and easy access
- List and search radio stations by popularity, genre, song name, and artist
- List scanner stations by popularity and location
- Use your device's GPS to easily find stations located near you
- The screen glows blue and red on the bottom to the beat of the music or whenever someone talks
- The rings in the center of the player act as a clock
- Add your own custom stations
- This app is compatible with most iPod/iPhone docks, bluetooth devices, and other iPod devices
- BONUS FLASHLIGHT: The app can toggle the light on the back of your device if it has one
- Remove ads
- Get bonus feeds (more airport, music, railroad, weather, and police feeds)
- Police siren (lights & sounds)
- Exclusive stations
- Early access to newly added stations
- Localized police codes
- Download new themes/backgrounds
- Gain access to scanner station archives (listen to recordings from up to 30 days ago)
- Support the indie developer community
Your purchase will directly contribute to the indie app developer community and help maintain our servers. Thanks for your support!
What's New in Version 6.3
Fixed various bugs
Optimizations made for 64-bit devices
Open-In Feature Request.
I personally believe that this app is the best choice available for police scanners. You get a lot of features with the app I think and the user interface is very well done also.
I would like to make a feature request, though. I was hoping that you would please add the "Open In" function to the recording feature please. That way I would be able to take a recording and back it up to something like Dropbox or export it into one of my audio editor applications on my device. Or, really just any app that will accept the audio. I hope that you will please consider my feature request and I thank you for doing so. Also, thanks for all of the work you put into this application and God bless.
iPhone 6 Plus/ iOS 8.3
Hey! Pay for this app. Worth the low price. It works wherever I go. I was hospitalized for 2 months away from home and listened to the locals everyday. The only thing that kept me from a 5 star rating was that some areas have too many channels grouped together and they talk at the same time. Some cities use trunking and this app avoids having to buy a $500 digital trunk tracker. It also picks up channels that my scanner can't hear. Don't mooch the free listening, pay for the thing, I did after about 10 minutes.
Just tried some of the extras that, I guess, come with the paid version. Made this app better than ever and made me glad I supported the developer. The fact it works great on an iPad that is as old as mine is even more valuable (iOS 5.1). I upgraded my previous rating to 5 stars because of these extras.
I have lots of scanners that work where I live, three FCC licenses, 19 portable two-ways, 10 mobile two-ways and have been into radio since 1963 but none can pick up out of state stations. Being able to travel and still listen to my city is a blast. Now I don't wonder if my house is on fire while I'm far away.
Try it. Buy it.
Was 3 now is 5 stars
I used this app for months (free version) it crashed a lot and was very slow to load, so I saw it as only worthy of 3 stars max. When it worked I loved it but it only worked half the time. I decided to take a chance and pay the 3.99 so there would be no ads and I'm so glad I did. I never crash or lag now and it runs 100% better then the free version. It's great never seeing those annoying video ads anymore. Its well worth spending the money for the paid version since the app is so much quicker and stable not running advertisements through it. 5 stars deserving for all the great genres to choose from as well as the large amount of cities to select when using the scanner. I use it on my iPod.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 17, 2014
- Version: 6.3
- Size: 26.3 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Rego Apps, LLC
- © Rego Apps LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.