Police Scanner+ Free
By Rego Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Listen to the largest collection of police, fire, EMS, airport, railroad, comedy, talk, and music stations. That's over 40,000 stations available for free.
Get the original police scanner app that has everyone hooked - as seen on "The Amazing Spider-Man" movie.
- Record stations for future playback and for emailing an mp3 copy to yourself or others
- Set an alarm in the app and wake up to your favorite station
- Listen to our app while you sleep and set a timer to stop the station at a certain time
- View the current artist and song name that is playing
- Run the app in the background and do other things on your device while you listen to the app
- Choose your own background from your photo library
- Chat with other listeners
- Tweet the station and song you're listening to your Twitter followers
- Notifications are enabled to notify you of the current song that the station changed to while the app is in the background
- Save a station to your favorites for quick and easy access
- List and search radio stations by popularity, genre, song name, and artist
- List scanner stations by popularity and location
- Use your device's GPS to easily find stations located near you
- The screen glows blue and red on the bottom to the beat of the music or whenever someone talks
- The rings in the center of the player act as a clock
- Add your own custom stations
- This app is compatible with most iPod/iPhone docks, bluetooth devices, and other iPod devices
What's New in Version 6.6
Optimized for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
I listen so much it drives my family insane!
I LOVE listening! I listen when I am working around the house or even watching tv! My dad is a retired firefighter. Our "bonding" time was watching Cops. I guess I picked up my "criminal" reality tv shows from him & his work as a first responder. When it makes the beeping, it takes me back to when he was firefighting. We had a scanner at home. When there was a call out, it would do that beeping. Everyone else in the house had to be quiet to see if it was company that was called out. It brings up good memories! The one thing.... I cannot figure out how to get my city's dispatch on the scanner. I get Dayton and a couple surrounding cities. Oh boy, I knew Dayton was rough, but they have call outs probably every 20-30 minutes!
Love it! Excellent app!
This app does exactly what it claims--straightforward, clean and efficient. I have used other police scanner apps in the past, but I find this one is most easy to locate your city and/or to quickly access a current list of most active listening cities. I find this app useful, and actually comforting, in months when my boyfriend travels, and I am home alone for many nights--I listen to better know what is going on around me and to ease my mind or alert it to my surroundings. As a side benefit, I have found myself having a greater appreciation and understanding of the dangers that police face daily in their work. I give this app 5 stars for its efficient design and usefulness.
When I was geeking....
I thought the world was against me. I thought the cops were after me. I thought I was dead so I was about to walk around naked. Then it dawned on me. I need to scan the area that I live in to see if I had been called in yet. I need to find out if I truly am dead, before I decide to walk out the door. And good thing I downloaded this app. Turns out I was already in prison and I was ok to be naked I was also trying to pick up the powdered soap.
Moral of the story.... Don't do tweak. It turns you into a geek. No one likes a nerd.
On the positive note. I have super sonic night vision, hearing, and 4 - card keno 6 spot hitting skills.
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 15, 2015
- Version: 6.6
- Size: 67.5 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Rego Apps, LLC
- © Rego Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.