By Times Publishing Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Put the Truth-O-Meter in your pocket! PolitiFact Mobile brings Pulitzer Prize-winning fact-checking to your smart phone or tablet.
PolitiFact Mobile makes it easier than ever to get the truth about American politics. It is produced by PolitiFact, the Pulitzer Prize-winning website, and includes the mobile-only Truth Index as well as mobile versions of the site's most popular features — the Truth-O-Meter, the Flip-O-Meter and the Obameter.
• First app dedicated to fact-checking!
• Get the latest Truth-O-Meter rulings
• Report cards allow you to see the Truth-O-Meter records of politicians, political groups and pundits
• Get updates on the campaign promises of President Obama and Republican leaders from our Obameter and GOP Pledge-O-Meter
Features available only on PolitiFact Mobile:
• The Truth-O-Meter Tally – Compare the tally of Truth-O-Meter rulings by subject
• The Truth Index – A daily index that shows the ups and downs of all Truth-O-Meter rulings
• The Flip-O-Meter Tally – See the latest count for Half Flips and Full Flops
• Pants on Fire! Button — An ideal couch companion for political debates
PolitiFact is a venture of the Tampa Bay Times, the Southeast's largest newspaper. For more information on PolitiFact features, go to: http://www.politifact.com/about/
What's New in Version 1.3.3
- Fix for an issue when clicking Barack Obama under People section.
- Fix for iPad Retina Startup Graphic.
One of my favorites
I love this app and was surprised it got such bad reviews. This app, usa today, and associated press are my three favorite apps for political info. The sole purpose of this app is to state how true or false a statement is based off of real data. I don't understand how this could be biased when soooo much info is provided to back up each claim. In short, I love being able to hear a politicians quote from a commercial or speech and then find out if they are full of crap. Because their review of each quote is so detailed, it may take awhile for it to show up on the app or site, but that is to be expected if real research is going into there claim. I don't normally right reviews, but when I saw one of my favorite apps ranked at two stars, I was like whaaaaaaaaat?
Look, I get that you're trying to reach a bigger audience with this app, and you're advertising the app on your website. But if this app is behind on news when it comes to the website, has problems with its design, and it costs 2.00?!!
That's a bit of a stretch.
I recommend staying on the website until this app catches up with the news on the website and is just as good as it's design as the Settle It app, which is far better.
$2.00 and it doesn't use the native iOS Twitter accounts on the phone
Good looking app that does deliver the "facts". But for $2.00 and it doesn't use the native iOS Twitter or FaceBook profiles on the phone. These were features Apple made available to develops years ago. Come on guys, if you want the users to share your information, then make easy for them to do so.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 23, 2014
- Version: 1.3.3
- Size: 27.7 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Times Publishing Co
- © Times Publishing Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.