PolyNome: Metronome, Drum Machine, Practice Log
By PolyNome Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PolyNome is much much more than a metronome.
Create drum grooves, polyrhythms, practice routines, log your practice, and much more... It's the perfect tool for the Gigging, Teaching or Practicing Musician.
Used by the world's top musicians (including Virgil Donati, Chris Coleman, Peter Erskine, Dennis Chambers and Will Lee) PolyNome makes practice fun!
Please note that some features are part of an in-app pro update (see below for details.) PolyNome Pro is also available on the app store. It's the same app but with the Pro features already applied.
• Practice with full drum grooves instead of a boring click!
• PolyNome makes practicing fun. It'll motivate you to practice more.
• Create and print setlists and use it to count off songs.
• Share Presets/Playlists with friends/students (a great tool for music teachers)
• Download new Presets and Playlists from the Public Library!
• Watch the built in tutorial videos to learn how to become a power user.
• Faders for 16th notes, triplets, bar sound, assigned sounds
• Super fast tempo entry and Tap Tempo
• BIG NUMBERS
• 2 fully programable metronomes (any rhythm, sound, accent combinations)
• Program ANY rhythm from a simple click to a full groove (per metronome)
• Bass and Keys sounds
• Save your work as Presets
• Variable swing setting
• Any time signature
• Auto stop with rep counter
• Countdown timer with alarm
• Practice Events are logged. You can add notes to your events
• Subdivisions from whole note to 32nd notes with EVERYTHING in between
• Custom sounds and accents
• Smart Volume mixer (4 channels, control of 8 assigned sounds)
• Audiobus compatible
• AirTurn bluetooth pedal compatible
In-app update to Pro enables:
• Add Presets to a Playlist for super quick access to your favourite clicks
• Join presets together to create songs/clicks with multiple tempos or time signatures
• Create practice routines with audible alerts when each new exercise starts
• Auto tempo change in Playlists for practice routines. Very powerful
• Tempo Boundaries allow you to automatically increase/decrease bpm between set tempos
• Use playlists to create a setlist. If you enter the lengths of the songs PolyNome calculates the set length as you add them!
• Email or AirPrint perfectly formatted band set-lists right from PolyNome
• Advanced voice counting helps you when working on odd-time signatures
• Subdivision counting for 16th notes, triplets, or 8th notes
Organise with Tags
• Advanced sorting, searching and tagging helps keep your library tidy
• Share your presets with friends; set-lists with band mates; practice routines with students
• Share your Presets/Playlists in the PolyNome Public Library!
• PolyNome logs each preset you play, how long you played it for, and the tempo at which you played it
• View statistics and graphs showing you what you need to work on the most
• Add notes to the Daily Practice Log to help you remember how a practice session went
• Test your timing with random muting of notes or bars
What people are saying about PolyNome:
Peter Erskine (Steely Dan, Weather Report, Steps Ahead, Kate Bush):
“PolyNome is great for teaching, practicing and rehearsing. Tempo input by way of the number pad is a terrific feature, and the subdivision possibilities are endless. Plus, this is the only metronome I’ve used that you can actually LEARN from. Simple and brilliant: simply brilliant.”
Will Lee says...
"Wow! Polynome is a brilliant tool for drummers and any musician! It allows you to understand precisely what subdivisions among bars of time feel like, teaches you the drum rudiments, and so much more. I love "time check" where it'll leave bars of silence in between bars of click to see if your groove stays in time. One of the best apps for your toolkit!"
What's New in Version 2.3.0
Changed the App Icon. Lots of new changes happened in 2.2.9. Check the Help Page for a list of all the cool new stuff!
If you have a minute to update or leave a review it's really appreciated.
Great practice tool
I'm an intermediate/enthusiast drummer, and not pro, so I have a shorter, structured practice time. This app helps me structure my practice, track my progress, and really think about the notes I need to play when I'm focusing on my technique. As a metronome it's great, of course, but it's more of a transcription and journaling tool than it might appear - though it's difficult to use initially, as you become accustomed to the app you'll find it anticipates your needs. I've loved using it, and the playlist function - as well as the information it returns on each practice session - has been a great boon to efficient but thoughtful practice.
edit: With the latest version, I've come to grips with the playlist function more, and while I sometimes get lost between the app and the video documentation on the website that seems to be fixed. Anyway I still love using this as my metronome and I still maybe only use half of its features.
Invaluable practice tool
This app is amazing for those of us that take the time to learn it. There are many different tutorials built in, and I found that once I went through those I truly was able to use the app to its full potential. It does everything I want it to do and more. This is not a metronome for people who simply want an on/ off click track. Instead, this is a metronome for practicing musicians trying to refine skills. Great tool for improving your timing, also. I love the customizable silent count features. Buy it and go through the tutorials!
Amazing Metronome App
This is hands down the best drumming, practicing and writing tool for drummers that I have found!!! Also can be used for click track creation. The possibilities are endless. Also, the creator, Joe, is a drummer and is personally involved. He responds to every question I send him and does his best to explain things to you. I have been programming Hot for Teacher to share with the drumming community because you can do that as well. Joe made a video explaining the best way to program it for me. Amazing app. Definitely worth it!! Get it, you won't ever regret getting this!!!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 03, 2017
- Version: 2.3.0
- Size: 65.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Polynome Ltd
- © 2011-2017 Joe Crabtree
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade$8.99