PolyPhase is a generative sequencer!
Melodies on a Master Track are created on the fly & copied, with phase offsets, to Slave Tracks. This structure, along with the interplay of various probabilities, leads to unique melodies and rhythms.
You can disable the generation of notes & draw your own Sequences, or select some of the randomization functions
Sequence external hardware, other iOS synths, or use the included Wavetable Synthesizer!
- 4 independent Sequencers with their own rate, direction, transposition & other properties
- Disable the generation of notes to draw your own, or use some of the intelligent functions provided
- Random Euclid & Drum Sequences
- The Wavetable Synth + FX lets you use PolyPhase even if you don't own any external Instruments
- Filter notes to a Global Key / Scale and selectable Chord Masks
- Save / Load Presets
- Snapshots for install recall of your Sequences
- Intelligently Randomize and Morph your Sequences & Synth sounds
- Accepts external MIDI clock & can provide clock to other devices
- Audiobus (Audio / State) & Inter-App Audio support
• Added Custom Scales
• Added option "MIDI Purge With Note-Offs" to deal with synths that can't handle 128 Note-Offs sent during a MIDI Purge
• Added option "Automatically Dim UI"
• Added option "Preserve Structure" under each Track's Advanced Settings
• Improved Randomization
• UI Updates
Ratings and Reviews
Love it but......
Great midi generator with lots of bells and whistles. It’s a bit difficult to set up in AUM as the slave! I’ve read the instructions quite a few times. Yet I was unable to set up the generator to the master tempo of AUM. Also, there’s no Ableton link support natively making it a task to sync record midi. Yes, there’s other ways to do it but make it native. Otherwise, this is amazing.
As is it’s very inspiring
I like running one additional outside synth; also for cpu reasons and then it’s just perfect. The internal synth and just playing in those timing games is the best part to me. 4 synths interplaying in a fun stereo game of seemingly basic parameters is amazing to me and it flows real nice. There is a zen feel for sure here and it has a vibe.
Great app hope they continue to update
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.