Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Poppy kart is a funny racing video game in a pixelated world ! The first 7 races are free !
* Super Nintendo fans (SMK) will love the world of Poppy Kart !
* 1st price Appli-Awards-2013 OpenClassRooms.com
The challenge : find Froggy, the runaway girl. Travel, fight and drive as fast as you can thru 29 hand-crafted crazy races ! Try the PoppyStick and use your smartphone as a joystick by playing on a tablet or another device with a wifi connection. Enjoy !
- Driving options : Screen, PoppyStick, accelerometer.
What's New in Version 1.3.6
Several minor bug fixes
This game is stupendous! If your looking for a MarioKart game, you won't find one on the AppStore. There are great emulators of MarioKart on GooglePlay, but if you only have an iPhone this is the game to get. The tracks are simple and easily beaten with the automatic acceleration option. The track advances in difficulty as you play to unlock Froggy, and have good drifting performance. Even though it is an 8-bit racing game the graphic quality and frames-per-second (fps) are top notch. The unlock able items such as snake heads, cheese boosts, feces, and puppy power that you can get by driving over mystery pads are very helpful in accelerating your gameplay. Even before I bought the whole game I kept playing over the levels because the game was so intriguing. Once you have this game you'll never put it down because it's so awesomely addicting. Thank you *webrox* for making this excellent game, and I hope for more in the future!
Awesome and fun, but a few flaws
This is hands-down the best old school Mario Kart knockoff I've ever played. The tracks are fun, well-designed, and pretty hard. Graphics are good, control layout is perfect for touchscreen, replay value is high, and the overall look and feel is pure 90s retro. For the price, this is a great game. Here are the drawbacks though:
1) The sound stops working when switching between apps, forcing you to quit and restart the app if you want sound
2) The goals for each track and the scoring system is vague at best. What do the numbers for each track (e.g., 7/8) mean exactly? The totem system is not explained at all, and unlocking tracks and karts is all guesswork.
3) Music is good but sound effects are cheesy
4) The space tracks are not even fair!
5) The letters are very tiny on some screens, and the color contrast is awful, making some text nearly impossible to read
Other than that, this is a great app, and one of the best iOS games I've ever played.
This is a fun game that I would recommend for all ages. The characters and tracks are very unique and fun. I enjoyed this game so much that I played every course in the free part at least three times before I even got the full version. The only thing I don't really love about this game is that some of the courses (especially the labyrinth ones) where you unlock more characters are very challenging, and you have to do them in 60 seconds. Other than that, this is a great game that I would recommend for anyone who loves Mario Kart.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 03, 2014
- Version: 1.3.6
- Size: 16.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: webrox
- © 2013 Webrox SARL
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlock the game$1.99
- Buy 5 Totems$0.99
- Buy 25 Totems$4.99
- Buy 10 Totems$1.99
- Buy 15 Totems$2.99
- Buy 20 Totems$3.99