By Tinrocket, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Add a splash of watercolor to any photo.
• Currently featured in the App Store's "Camera & Photography" collection
• “If you are bored of the traditional photo filter stuff, then give Popsicolor a whirl. It will definitely make your photos pop.” AppAdvice.com, Dec., 2012
WHAT THEY'VE SAID ABOUT VERSION 1.0:
• “There’s nothing quite like it in the App Store.” Life in LoFi: iPhoneography, June 2012
• “Watercolors that actually look good.” —Cult of Mac, June, 2012
• Turn Your Photos Into Stylish Illustrations
• Amazing Watercolor & Ink Effects
• Yes! High Resolution Output*
• Universal App for iPhone & iPad
• Share on Instagram, Twitter, etc.
• From the creator of Percolator for iOS
Watch the video at www.popsicolorapp.com!
• Load your own photos or example images from our App Store screen shots
• 24 Gradient & blending options including the new Duotone effect
• Choose 23 varieties of Intensity or Focus
• Optional Border and Auto-Enhance settings
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices running iOS 5 and greater. High resolution support depends on each device's memory capacity. Please see the FAQ at: www.PopsicolorApp.com
Have a question? Remember: I can't respond to App Store reviews, so email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Follow @Popsicolor on Twitter and Instagram for the latest
• Follow the developer @Tinrocket on Twitter
Please leave feedback with each update—it really helps small developers like me. I'm committed to creating the most unique, highest quality image creation apps.
@Tinrocket on Twitter
Popsicolor includes most of the examples images you see here for you to recreate and explore for yourself! :)
*Output resolution depends on device capability.
What's New in Version 2.2
October, 2013, Stay tuned! We will have a small iOS7-focused update shortly. :)
Jul, 2013, Hello from Brooklyn, New York! I have two new Popsicolor Ink effects for you:
• New Ink effect, "Inktensity"
• New Ink effect, "White Ink"
• I updated the starter images to highlight recent features
Please remember to leave a review or rating with each update. Making apps like this is how I make my living and I stand behind my work. If you have any questions or find a bug, you may contact me directly at email@example.com
@Tinrocket and @Popsicolor on Twitter and Instagram
Great, fun app…
… Easy to use, great visual results. In my eyes, only two things keep it from being completely perfect: the results of using the "adding ink" feature are dark artifacts that break the border of the underlying watercolor piece. Sometimes it's a good thing, but the only way to make it good every time is to make it controllable. The other problem is that when I click the "write a review" button within the app it takes me to a blank screen within the App Store, which makes me have to take an extra step in order to come back and write the glowing review this app deserves!
Great to add to your collection.
I am usually not inclined to download an app that transforms your photo into some other look alike medium. But I really like percolator by the same developer. This app first, does a great job and second a great tool to add affects from other apps or layer it to get even more interesting effects. Adding light leaker affects is a perfect example and not achievable in actual watercolor. If you like playing with multiple apps this would be a great addition.
Keeps getting better!
Popsicolor is totally original. I haven't seen anything else even close to this in the App Store.
It helps if your image has a lot of contrast. After you use it for a while, you start to anticipate which images that will probably look good.
I highly recommend this app. It's very addictive and a lot of fun!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 01, 2013
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 20.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tinrocket, LLC
- © Tinrocket, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.