Discover the latest in technology, engineering, and tools with Popular Mechanics. Plus, get essential advice on your home and car, useful DIY ideas, in-depth explanations on how things work, and more!
Subscribe now and get INSTANT access to the latest issue! Don't forget, you can also get free access to issues with a timed preview (on your iPhone, too!).
Plus, share app content with your favorite social networks. Using a simple two-finger tap, actual images of the content itself are “clipped” and can be sent directly to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Pinterest, or via email or saved to your photo roll.
Download our free app today! Select the issue you'd like to purchase, or sign up with a subscription and save!
• Single issue purchase available for $4.99, no automatic renewal.
• 1-month subscription available for $1.99, automatically renewed until cancelled.
• 1-year subscription available for $19.99, automatically renewed until cancelled.
When purchasing through iTunes, your account will be charged at confirmation of purchase.
Your subscription will auto-renew unless you turn this off 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can also turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
Please note that you must have iOS 9.0 or higher installed on your device to use this app.
Popular Mechanics Magazine US Pricing:
• Single Issue Price - USD $4.99*
• Subscription 1 Month - USD 1.99*
• Subscription 1 Year - USD 19.99*
* For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply.
Please note: App subscriptions do not include access to subscription-only content on our website.
Additional Subscription Information:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Now with full iOS 12 support
Ratings and Reviews
This is my one remaining digital publication and I am looking to get more. Not only is the price great, but I don’t have to search for it and if I’m done, it isn’t necessary to recycle it. When I go to my summer house, it follows me!
Great app, but new version not working.
The interface is not working well on my iPad Pro. ‘Contents” button does not work. Swiping and scrolling do not always work.
Advertise as education ???
I give one star because advertising in this book are too many as pay monthly for education? We don't need ads every other pages per education as we either enjoyed or not enjoyed reading and learning. I would put fewer ads at the very back end of the page. I'm so sick of see ads every where......
- Hearst Communications, Inc.
- 69.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Popular Mechanics is published by Hearst Magazines Division, Hearst Communications, Inc. © 2018. Popular Mechanics is a registered trademark of Hearst Communications, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Popular Mechanics Interactive $1.99
- Popular Mechanics Interactive $19.99
- Pop Mechanics-Magazine-November 2010 $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.