By Bonnier Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Popular Photography+ is the re-imagined and re-designed digital version of Popular Photography magazine. It has ALL the same content as the print magazine, along with special iPad-only features.
GET 30 DAYS FREE! New subscribers - sign up for a one-year or a monthly subscription and start your 30 day FREE trial today!
MAY 2014 Big How-To Issue highlights:
• 5 Super Photo Projects — Everything you need to know to freeze high-speed action, shoot a time-lapse sequence, capture scenes through a pinhole, paint a landscape with light, and set up your own photo booth for great party portraits.
• The Art of the Storm —Ansel Adams meets the Weather Channel. Learn how photographer Mitch Dobrowner merges the artistry of a monochrome master with the daring of a tornado chaser.
• Anatomy of a Fashion Shoot — What goes on behind the scenes in the studio of a busy fashion website? The reality may surprise you.
• 6 Tips for RAW — If you use Adobe Photoshop, you also have access to a great file converter, Adobe Camera Raw. Learn how to make the most of its new and updated features.
• Magical Long Exposures — Transform an ordinary day at the beach into a dreamscape by lengthening your exposure into minutes. It’s easy!
• Laugh-Out-Loud Selfies — Put some humor into your photos with Mr. Flibble’s tips & tricks for funny self-portraits.
• Full Gear Tests — Lab & field tests of the Nikon D3300, Samsung NX30, and Tamron 150–600mm f/5–6.3 Di VC lens.
And much more!
• 1-year (12 issues) subscription for $14.99 - You save 74%!
• 1-month subscription for $1.99
Your subscription will automatically renew unless you cancel 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
INSTRUCTIONS TO USE THIS APP:
*Please note that most stories are constructed in two layers, one on top of the other.
-Swipe left or right to BROWSE through the magazine.
-Swipe up or down to READ an article.
-Tap the screen to ACCESS the menu.
-DOUBLE TAP the screen to TOGGLE the top layer on and off.
-A SINGLE TAP will call up the menu and navigation system; tap again to remove it.
-Tap the UPPER-RIGHT CORNER to bookmark an article.
Missing issues after update? Tap the “Missing Issues?” button in the Library and sign in to the iTunes account you used to buy the issues originally. They should reappear in your Library.
E-mail us with any questions, problems, or even just feedback at: email@example.com
What's New in Version 4.4.1
Bug squashing, stability improvements
Much of the magazine is spent reviewing gear or celebrating others' work. You can certainly learn from this, but the technical gems are often little more than footnotes within an article.
Large file sizes
500MB per magazine? I haven't been using the newsstand app too much but this seems excessive. I've only downloaded two issues and am already at 1.2GB usage. I chose the newsstand version over PDF but unless the size of the issues gets reduced I may regret my decision.
I have yet to receive an issue
I subscribed to this magazine approximately 1 month ago and have only received an issue pertaining to 9/11. I see where there is a February 2014 issue but cannot access it. I think it is unfair to charge for a yearly subscription and you cannot access the content. Where is the refund button?
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 18, 2013
- Version: 4.4.1
- Size: 15.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bonnier Corporation
- © Popular Photography
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Popular Photography+ Magazine$14.99
- Popular Photography+ Magazine$1.99
- April 2011$2.99
- May 2011$2.99
- October 2011$2.99
- September 2011$2.99
- December 2011$2.99
- June 2011$2.99
- February 2011$2.99
- January 2012$2.99