By Bonnier Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Popular Photography+ is the re-imagined and re-designed digital version of Popular Photography magazine. It has ALL the same content as the print magazine, along with special iPad-only features.
GET 30 DAYS FREE! New subscribers - sign up for a one-year or a monthly subscription and start your 30 day FREE trial today!
March 2015 issue highlights:
• 5 Color Secrets—Simple tricks for bringing power and emotion to your landscapes and other
photos of the natural world.
• The Art of Architecture—Masters of the genre show how to take great photos of buildings, both exteriors and interiors, without a lot of specialized equipment.
• From Photographer to Inventor—Got a brilliant idea for a piece of gear to improve your (and everyone else’s) photography? Meet five shooter who brought their visions to market, and learn how you can do it, too.
• Perfect Exposure With Software—How to extend the dynamic range in your images simply and easily—without going overboard.
• Lab & Field Tests—We review some of today’s hottest gear, including the new Sony Alpha a7 II full-frame interchangeable-lens compact, Epson SureColor P600 13-inch photo printer, Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM pancake lens for DSLRs, and Rokinon 50mm f/1.4 AS IF USM manual-focus prime.
• Tips, Projects & Profiles—A below-the-belt Instagram series, setup that mimics late-afternoon sun, photographer trying to save a species, photo tour in Texas…
And much more!
• 1-year (12 issues) subscription for $14.99 - You save 74%!
• 1-month subscription for $1.99
Your subscription will automatically renew unless you cancel 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
What's New in Version 5.2.12
Update now for app improvements to enhance your reading experience:
-New storefront look
-Updated Help page
-Bug and stability fixes
We appreciate your feedback so please keep it coming!
New issue app interface awful
I just downloaded the new issue (March 2015) and update to the iPad app for my Popular Photography subscription.
It's awful. What a big step backwards from a readability and user interface perspective.
I don't know where to begin. Maybe there is a positive about the new format but I haven't found it.
The page layout is about as useful or user friendly as a PDF. Only at least with a PDF I could adjust the font to something legible. Not to mention the photos are now less interactive and less appealing to view. Was this a big budget cutting move? Awful.
Please tell me this is some mistake and you are going back to the old version. Otherwise I believe I'll have to cancel my subscription.
Where are my issues?
What happened? Previous app version was less than ideal, but at least I had all my old issues. Current app only goes back to February 2014. I "own" issues going back 3 more years. Please give me my old app or my money back. Zinio has a similar, PDF-style app for Pop Photo, and the issues can be stored on a computer. I have already switched over to Zinio, but I'm still missing 3 years of issues.
Not a fan of the new version
The new update has removed the functionality that I liked. This is like reading a PDF version of the magazine. I thought the publishing industry was getting away from that to encourage a more interactive experience. I am very disappointed with the new look and feel.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Feb 26, 2015
- Version: 5.2.12
- Size: 11.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bonnier Corporation
- © Popular Photography
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Popular Photography+ Magazine$14.99
- Popular Photography+ Magazine$1.99
- April 2011$2.99
- May 2011$2.99
- October 2011$2.99
- September 2011$2.99
- December 2011$2.99
- June 2011$2.99
- February 2011$2.99
- January 2012$2.99