By Bonnier Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Popular Photography+ is the re-imagined and re-designed digital version of Popular Photography magazine. It has ALL the same content as the print magazine, along with special iPad-only features.
GET 30 DAYS FREE! New subscribers - sign up for a one-year or a monthly subscription and start your 30 day FREE trial today!
APRIL 2014 ISSUE HIGHLIGHTS:
• Teen Stars — Today’s teenage photographers don’t wait to be discovered. They attract followers that can number in the millions—and launch careers while still in high school.
• Turning Kids into Photographers — It seems like kids are born shooting, but don’t just fork over your iPhone. Here are 10 great ways to share your passion for picture-making with the youngsters in your life. Plus: Top gear for budding photographers.
• Animal Architecture — Ingo Arndt travels the world to photograph the incredible variety and richness of structures built by birds, beasts, and insects.
• Glass from the Past — Got an interchangeable-lens compact? The best new lens for you may not be new—or made for an ILC. We picked 21 of the best, from modern classics to quirky rarities.
• Lab & Field Tests — Full reviews of the latest gear, including Fujifilm’s all-weather X-T1, Sony’s full-frame Alpha 7, Nikon’s 18–140mm f/3.5–5.6G DX VR zoom, and Samsung’s surprising 60mm f/2.8 Macro.
• Tips, Tricks, How-To — Top pros show you how to pop a group portrait, take stunning double-exposures, master the basics of masks in Photoshop, and other techniques for your best shots.
And much more!
• 1-year (12 issues) subscription for $14.99 - You save 74%!
• 1-month subscription for $1.99
Your subscription will automatically renew unless you cancel 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
INSTRUCTIONS TO USE THIS APP:
*Please note that most stories are constructed in two layers, one on top of the other.
-Swipe left or right to BROWSE through the magazine.
-Swipe up or down to READ an article.
-Tap the screen to ACCESS the menu.
-DOUBLE TAP the screen to TOGGLE the top layer on and off.
-A SINGLE TAP will call up the menu and navigation system; tap again to remove it.
-Tap the UPPER-RIGHT CORNER to bookmark an article.
Missing issues after update? Tap the “Missing Issues?” button in the Library and sign in to the iTunes account you used to buy the issues originally. They should reappear in your Library.
E-mail us with any questions, problems, or even just feedback at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 4.4.1
Bug squashing, stability improvements
Much of the magazine is spent reviewing gear or celebrating others' work. You can certainly learn from this, but the technical gems are often little more than footnotes within an article.
Large file sizes
500MB per magazine? I haven't been using the newsstand app too much but this seems excessive. I've only downloaded two issues and am already at 1.2GB usage. I chose the newsstand version over PDF but unless the size of the issues gets reduced I may regret my decision.
I have yet to receive an issue
I subscribed to this magazine approximately 1 month ago and have only received an issue pertaining to 9/11. I see where there is a February 2014 issue but cannot access it. I think it is unfair to charge for a yearly subscription and you cannot access the content. Where is the refund button?
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 18, 2013
- Version: 4.4.1
- Size: 15.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bonnier Corporation
- © Popular Photography
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Popular Photography+ Magazine$14.99
- Popular Photography+ Magazine$1.99
- April 2011$2.99
- May 2011$2.99
- October 2011$2.99
- September 2011$2.99
- December 2011$2.99
- June 2011$2.99
- February 2011$2.99
- January 2012$2.99