By Bonnier Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Popular Science+ is the re-imagined and re-designed digital version of Popular Science magazine. It has ALL the same content as the print magazine, along with special iPad-only features.
GET 30 DAYS FREE! New subscribers - sign up for a one-year or a monthly subscription and start your 30 day FREE trial today!
POPULAR SCIENCE+ SAMPLER:
Free with this app, see what all the excitement is about!
We’ve put together this compilation of some of the best features from the past few months of Popular Science+ for your pleasure. Browse through this sampler to share the experience of reading Popular Science on the iPad!
July 2014 issue highlights:
• When Inhumans Attack—Whether it’s alien robots in Transformers or human-animal hybrids in Jupiter Ascending, humans are facing plenty of nemeses in the movies. We asked scientists if these beings could ever really exist.
• Scan Artist—Repo men collect 70 million license-plate scans each month using digital recognition equipment. One of them could even be yours.
• Core Truths—Genetically modified foods have become a controversial topic. We take a look at the science behind common claims.
• A Beautiful Mind—Ariel Garten wants to give people the tools to analyze brain activity, then alter it for greater focus and calm.
• The Whole Brilliant Enterprise—We assembled a graphic that explores the history of NASA’s most notable themes based on years of the space agency’s published annual reports.
• Now—A speaker that always knows your favorite songs, wearable gadgets that blend in with your outfit, the physics of a better glass of beer, and more!
• Next—Why selling space is bad for science, an interview with the director of Google’s Project Loon, where wind energy comes from in the U.S., and more!
• Manual—How to build a musical tip jar, a DIY spacesuit for suborbital launches, welding with car batteries, and more!
. . . and more!
• 1-year (12 issues) subscription for $14.99 - You save 74%!
• 1-month subscription for $1.99
Your subscription will automatically renew unless you cancel 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
INSTRUCTIONS TO USE THIS APP:
*Please note that most stories are constructed in two layers, one on top of the other.
-Swipe left or right to BROWSE through the magazine.
-Swipe up or down to READ an article.
-Tap the screen to ACCESS the menu.
-A SINGLE TAP will call up the menu and navigation system; tap again to remove it.
-Tap the UPPER-RIGHT CORNER to bookmark an article.
Missing issues after update? Tap the “Missing Issues?” button in the Library and sign in to the iTunes account you used to buy the issues originally. They should reappear in your Library.
E-mail us with any questions, problems, or even just feedback at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 5.1
- Enhanced app interface and storefront
- Stability improvements
Great app worth the fairly high price
I have bought several subscriptions to several magazines via the newsstand app and Popular Science is by far the most elegant and smoothest running Newsstand magazine I have come across. Many people complain about the price of the subscription, but for me, the great content and outstanding user interface of this app make the price worth it. I also have yet to have an issue in terms of bugs or stability when it comes to this magazine but that may be because I am on new hardware with the iPad Air.
This new version gets rid of the bugs
Easy to navigate and beautiful to look at, this new version is a terrific improvement ! I look forward to reading it every month.
The best science brand on tablet
Best sci/tech mag out there!!!
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 12, 2014
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 13.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bonnier Corporation
- © Popular Science
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Popular Science+ Magazine$14.99
- Popular Science+ Magazine$1.99
- December 2011$2.99
- April 2010$2.99
- June 2010$2.99
- May 2010$2.99
- March 2011$2.99
- July 2010$2.99
- December 2010$2.99
- September 2010$2.99