By Bonnier Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FROM OUR LATEST ISSUE, MAY 2015
• Ninth Annual Invention Awards – MakerBot co-founder Bre Pettis helps us commend the makers behind innovations like a flying car that folds out into a plane, a personal pollution monitor, and a painless vaccine alternative.
• The Rise of the Incredible, Edible Insect – Will foodies’ stomachs growl for the latest six-legged protein source? We take a look at the nutrient-rich, environmentally friendly practice of entomophagy.
• Nothing but the Truth – Physicist and writer Alan Lightman explores how passion clouds judgment in
science—but drives discovery.
• The Hacker’s Guide to Smart Homes – Does your dream home involve lighting and appliances adapting to your whims? We’ll teach you the ins and outs of choosing and setting up the hardware for a connected, intelligent abode.
• The Church of Church – George Church didn’t stop after he revolutionized biology. Now he has plans to store data in DNA, bring back extinct species, wipe out malaria, and map the brain.
• Now – The Sony Walkman goes hi-fi, Pebble’s plan to win the smartwatch wars, the newest crop of action cameras, and more!
• Next – A geologist who’s blueprinting Earth, maglev elevators that could change city skylines, reasons to communicate with extraterrestrials, and more!
• Manual – Bionic boots, the engineer behind barrel rolls and roller-coaster drops, a radio built from spare TV parts, and more!
• 1-year (12 issues) subscription for $14.99 - You save 74%!
• 1-month subscription for $1.99
Your subscription will automatically renew unless you cancel 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
What's New in Version 5.3.15
Update now for app improvements to enhance your reading experience:
-New storefront look
-Updated Help page
-Bug and stability fixes
We appreciate your feedback so please keep it coming!
Poor update, without issues warning
This latest update seems rushed. I now know that only older issues are affected by the pdf-scan style pages, so I can understand if the update broke something in the old digital issues. I can give a star back for that. A one-time pop-up would have been nice to explain the issue though.
But this new update is still much slower than it used to be--or at least I perceive it to be. Pages shouldn't load halfway, giving you a blurry image to look at until it fully loads. The old app simply had white pages until it loaded fully, which still didn't seem to take as long as in this new update.
Why did they ruin the old issues?
After the update the old versions of the Magazines were PDF scans of the paper editions. I pay extra to HAVE the digital edition, the digital scans are unreadable on the iPad. I was behind by several issues and am really upset about loosing the real digital versions. Thankfully it does look like the NEW editions are back to normal. If they had stopped making the digital edition I literally would have canceled my subscription to both the digital and paper versions.
Couldn't access subscription
I subscribed to the digital issue of this magazine with hopes of sharing it with my teenage boys. They love anything to do with science and technology. I have not had access to the magazines since day one and never got a real reply back as to why. They have no record of my subscription but they have all of my account information and charged me for another year. I had to go through iTunes to get my subscription canceled and get my money back since the magazine company would not respond.
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 18, 2015
- Version: 5.3.15
- Size: 14.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bonnier Corporation
- © Popular Science
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Popular Science+ Magazine$14.99
- Popular Science+ Magazine$1.99
- June 2010$2.99
- April 2010$2.99
- December 2011$2.99
- July 2010$2.99
- May 2010$2.99
- March 2011$2.99
- December 2010$2.99
- June 2011$2.99