The Porsche Connect App is the digital interface to your Porsche. It is divided into three main areas: My Account, Navigation and My Car.
• The offer described here applies to the new Cayenne models (from model year 2019). Offers on other models may deviate from it.
• The availability of individual functions of the Porsche Connect App may vary depending on the country.
• Owners of the 718, 911, Panamera, Cayenne (up to and including 2018) and Macan models will additionally need the Porsche Car Connect App to use functions marked with a *.
The Porsche Connect App offers the following functions:
• Access your personal Porsche ID profile. Using your Porsche ID, data is synchronized between My Porsche, your navigation and infotainment system (Porsche Communication Management, or PCM for short), and the Porsche Connect App so that you don't have to synchronize them manually.
• Display of your pairing code. You will need it to connect your vehicle to the Porsche Connect App.
• Make a breakdown call or report a theft*.
• Control smart home devices. Various NEST functions can be transferred to the PCM in your vehicle via the Porsche Connect App.
• Access millions of tracks with the Porsche Connect App. You can save the log-in credentials in the "My Account" menu item for music streaming services such as Napster, Radio.net, or Amazon Music and simply control music playback in the PCM.
• Synchronize your calendar with your Porsche and always keep track of your appointments.
• Search navigation destinations in your contacts, in the calendar, or online, and then save them as a favorite.
• Create destinations comfortably in advance of a journey and send them to the vehicle.
• Determine the location of your vehicle with First Mile Navigation and let it guide you to the driver's seat. Once you are in your sports car, your final destination seamlessly transfers from your mobile device to the PCM.
• Approach your destination with Last Mile Navigation: after parking your sports car, the navigation is automatically transferred from Porsche Communication Management to your smartphone.
• Control certain vehicle functions remotely: open or close doors.*
• Call up vehicle or trip data, such as mileage, fuel range or consumption.*
• Remotely control air conditioning to heat or cool your vehicle
• Check current battery status and use timer functions for your desired departure time
• See your individual vehicle configuration on opening the app.
• Set speed and location alarms
Continuous background use of GPS may significantly reduce battery life. The Porsche Connect App is designed to use GPS as efficiently as possible to maintain the best possible battery life.
Error correction and performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Used to work. Not anymore.
The app seems to have been rewritten. The previous version worked perfectly for searching for addresses using Google Maps and transferring to the in-car GPS/PCM. This is in a new 2017 Cayenne S E-Hybrid.
Now the app has a very slow login process, followed by a dumber map powered by Here, not Google.
It cannot transfer addresses to the PCM because it says “Funct. Restricted for the vehicle.” Why? It used to work with the previous app.
There’s a share-sheet feature called My Destinations. When you select that it seems to perform a second address lookup and says it cannot find the address. Literally, the only way you get to the share sheet is by first locating the address. But then 1/2-second later it says it can’t find it again.
So, this app was either rewritten to support the way newer (>2017) Porsches work and dropped support for paid-for features in current models OR Porsche is using some form of app-design logic that now requires a manual to use (because it is no longer self-evident).
Disappointing lack of appreciation for customers.
Developer Response ,
Dear customer, destinations can still be transferred to the in-car GPS/PCM. To manage your destinations, please select the search bar in the navigation tab and see the MyDestinations category. In order to transfer a destination to the PCM, search for a destination, select the desired destination and press the star button. Afterwards the destinations will be shown in your MyDestinations list and in the PCM.
Really great app in demo mode, otherwise...
This is a really great app if you keep it in demo mode. In that mode, it shows all the things that the app could do if only it had been completed. However, nothing actually works because it is in demo mode. Switching the app out of demo mode takes one to a completely different place. Not really an app at all, but a web site, possibly optimized for mobile devices. Totally different look and feel. Even fully logged in, it is unable to do any of the functions touted in the demo version. Mostly directed to selling one another car. Worthless.
Developer Response ,
Dear customer, Thank you for your feedback. The availability of the different functions depends on the vehicle and respective model year. For support and clarification, please contact us with further details (vehicle model, Porsche ID, etc.): firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Porsche Connect Support
(Fixed) 100% failing to login
Login issues were fixed in the new version. But the app is pretty basic. I’m not even sure what it does other than let me search maps for POI.
Can’t tell what the app is like, since it won’t let me login. I authenticate successfully with my correct user name and password and a screen flashes that login was successful followed by a sign out for expired session prompt and so on in an infinite loop.
Developer Response ,
thank you for your feedback.
Please make sure that you are logged in with your My Porsche account and your vehicle is associated to that account. You should have received an according invitation mail after the vehicle purchase. If you do not know your My Porsche account please contact us under the following email address: email@example.com.
Your Porsche Connect Support
- Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
- 206.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bosnian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.