*The game size is currently 1.3GB but please ensure that you have at least 5GB of free space on your device before installing as you may experience download issues if there is not sufficient space.*
Craft your adventure. Forge your hero. Become the ultimate Portal Knight!
Leave the familiar world behind and step into the fantastic unknown with Portal Knights, a cooperative 3D sandbox action-RPG! Level up your character and craft powerful gear to defeat your enemies in real-time tactical combat. Explore dozens of randomly-generated islands and restore peace to a world torn apart by The Fracture.
- RPG character classes including warrior, ranger and mage.
- Tactical action combat.
- Epic boss battles.
- Travel between randomly generated 3D sandbox worlds.
- Meet the colorful inhabitants of the land, complete their quests, and recruit them to your home.
- Architect your own island! Create AMAZING structures quickly and easily in Creative Mode!
- Mine and gather resources from across the lands to craft your arsenal and supplies.
- Build your home with dozens of materials and furnishings.
- Play with up to 4 friends across mobile platforms (on the same Wi-Fi).
- Join Private Dedicated Servers hosted by desktop players (up to 4 people).
- Random Events.
- Supports dual-stick game controllers (MFi extended layout).
Larger islands available on devices with 2GB or more memory.
In-game languages supported: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese-Brazil, Russian, Finnish, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Swedish, Polish, Turkish, Czech, Thai.
Follow us on Twitter @PortalKnights and @505_Games
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PortalKnights and https://www.facebook.com/505Games
Visit us on the web at www.portalknights.com
Version number incremented (1.4.5) to re-enable cross platform multiplayer.
Ratings and Reviews
I believe difficulty can harm you physically.
I don’t believe a 9 year old or amateur players will have any real chance at beating any of the raid bosses, not because of thinking I can’t, but because I don’t believe your hands would last long with that much stress. With these raid bosses, you must constantly move and widdle it down slowly, but your hands will begin to ack after a hour through the fight, sure I could get friends to play this, but “what if” is the phrase that changes this scenario. What if I have no comrades around or have any local players around either. In order to get better equipment, I must defeat the raid bosses. But can I? Short answer no, long answer yes, it is possible, but I doubt most people are able to do so. I can’t because of pain and strain within my hands, if I were a machine, yes, with enough persistence, yes I could beat all raid bosses alone. I really wish to see some balance, maybe decrease the price of making the activation crystals, think carefully on the difficulty at hand. Limits can not be broken without sacrifice in the human realm. Also big fan of this game, maybe make multiplayer easier for people, make some guilds in a map that can not be broken, a hub world to be precise. Raid bosses should not be impossible to do with friends.
Love this game!
Portal Knights has all the features to make this an adventure to remember! It is a well-polished action adventure role playing game with crafting and building elements and more importantly, it is one to be shared with your favorite gamer pal (in my case, it’s my wife).
Like Terraria, we’ll be playing together for many weekends to come! As a matter of fact, this game will be the heir apparent until 505 Games gets their hands on another Terraria iteration (keeping my fingers crossed). With the release of Portal Knights, we finally have another excuse to cozy up and stay home! Thank you 505 Games for filling the void!
***With all of that said...there’s only one complaint. I’m playing this on iPhone 6 and iPad mini 2, but I don’t think that matters but: if an enemy attacks me near a building and I enter the building, the enemy manages to kill me through walls...even when the auto-aim is deactivated. Since the game is still brand spanking new...I’ll still give the 5 stars I know it deserves but I would love to have reason to delete this portion of the review. 505 Games is definitely one of the best and I have faith in their drive to create the greatest gameplay possible in every title.
Thank you for the review. Re. enemy attack, that is unfortunately true and has been in the game since the beginning on all platforms. It is on the list of items to look at :)
Fantastic Game! A couple of suggestions
Awesome game! Love the rpg element and having to craft our own weapons and armor.. I also love the open world format. One of my favorite added features is controller support.. thank you devs for listening to our suggestions!!! Speaking about suggestions, I have a couple... there needs to be much more enemies to fight on each island... I don’t come across a whole lot of enemies and usually have to go out of my way just to find monsters to fight. I feel like I’m just doing a lot of exploring for supplies (which is great) but not a whole lot of fighting. Please add more enemies! This shouldn’t be a difficult improvement to make. Second, there needs to be more missions on each island... I go through a few missions on a new island and then I’m out of things to do except explore and gather supplies. And even on the few missions that there are, I’m not fighting very many enemies to complete the mission or get the treasure chest at the end..I hope the devs read this comment because adding more enemies and missions would make this a 5* game in my book. I am trying to recommend this game to family and friends, but without a lot more enemies and missions, they aren’t interested.
Thank you! We will pass this on.
- 505 Games (US), Inc.
- 1.3 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Czech, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 505 Games Mobile
- In-App Purchases
- Bibot, Lobot and Emoji Box $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.