PoseBook By Silver - Female
By Johnny Byrnes
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Watch Stephen tell you why he made the app and show you how it works before you buy, by visiting our site at http://posebookbysilver.com.
How does an artist get better at drawing? Very simple, by drawing. That practice,the act of being inspired and finding new approaches is what moves an artist to the next level.
The purpose of this book is to provide you with images to inspire you. A book dedicated to help guide every artist, to learn about, construction, form, balance anatomy, proportion, folds in clothing, gesture, silhouettes, portraiture, lighting, hands, perspective, and contrast.
With the images in the Posebook, you can sketch for the fun of it. Learn how to draw humans from the side view, back view, understand how the head tilts, how a body sits, understand the angles of a foot. You can study and draw the back of an ear, the underside of a nostril, the bottom of a shoe. Whatever you feel you need to practice, this is your chance. Flip to any page and start sketching what inspires you.
I find that when I am struggling, or uninspired, what works for me is to find photos that look like fun to draw. So I set in motion the tools to create the pose book that I always wanted. With great dedication and passion, I bring to you a book to draw from, learn from, and have fun with. Don't feel that you need to copy the pose exactly, or use it to find just the right pose for a comic you are doing. Remember this book’s purpose is to provide you with inspiration. You can take it everywhere you go.
Female version includes:
* Over 1400 Hi-definition poses based on 4 lively female characters, including full body poses, silhouettes, facial expressions, and hands.
* 4 instructional videos given by Stephen Silver to help give inspiration and tips to help you become a better artist
* 25 Hi-definition interpretations of these characters from some of today's most popular artists
* Intro by Stephen including over 25 of his own Hi-definition character renderings
* Pinch and zoom on all Hi-definition images to focus on the details
* "Flip" feature for all Hi-definition images to flip the image horizontally essentially doubling the number of poses to draw from
* Stephen's biography and link to his website
* Information and video about Stephen's Schoolism.com online art classes for one-on-one art training.
* One universal app that works on both the iPhone and the iPad.
What's New in Version 1.4
* Fix an existing crash issue
* Fix randomness of images in Timed Poses
* Some centering fixes in Timed Poses
* Other minor bug fixes
Fantastic drawing tool
Just the sections on hands and facial expressions alone are worth the price of admission! The dynamic poses and costuming are also terrific. All great for practice and polishing your drawing chops. The entire app is AMAZINGLY helpful to me as a professional children's illustrator. Thanks SO MUCH for creating this incredible resource! (And if you're considering a sequel, a similar edition with images of kids would be terrific for people in my profession.)
Excellent reference for artists
Chock full of terrific poses to draw from. A variety of models are featured. Most helpful are the dynamic pose 4-point turn-arounds and hand studies from multiple angles. I found my $10 to be well spent, as there are literally thousands of photos to practice drawing from. The perfect app to open up when you have one of those "what am I going to draw now?" days...
This app and its male companion are both great and well worth the money. That said, I have encountered a glitch when trying to zoom in on an image. Doing so occasionally kicks me back out to the image thumbnails and does not allow me to progress into the images themselves or back out to the menu unless I force quit the app and re-enter. Otherwise, great job on creating an invaluable resource.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Aug 14, 2012
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 239 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Johnny Byrnes
- © Stephen Silver 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.