Watch Stephen tell you why he made the app and show you how it works before you buy, by visiting our site at http://posebookbysilver.com.
How does an artist get better at drawing? Very simple, by drawing. That practice,the act of being inspired and finding new approaches is what moves an artist to the next level.
The purpose of this book is to provide you with images to inspire you. A book dedicated to help guide every artist, to learn about, construction, form, balance anatomy, proportion, folds in clothing, gesture, silhouettes, portraiture, lighting, hands, perspective, and contrast.
With the images in the Posebook, you can sketch for the fun of it. Learn how to draw humans from the side view, back view, understand how the head tilts, how a body sits, understand the angles of a foot. You can study and draw the back of an ear, the underside of a nostril, the bottom of a shoe. Whatever you feel you need to practice, this is your chance. Flip to any page and start sketching what inspires you.
I find that when I am struggling, or uninspired, what works for me is to find photos that look like fun to draw. So I set in motion the tools to create the pose book that I always wanted. With great dedication and passion, I bring to you a book to draw from, learn from, and have fun with. Don't feel that you need to copy the pose exactly, or use it to find just the right pose for a comic you are doing. Remember this book’s purpose is to provide you with inspiration. You can take it everywhere you go.
Male version includes:
* Over 2000 Hi-definition poses based on 6 lively male characters, including full body poses, silhouettes, facial expressions, and hands.
* 6 instructional videos given by Stephen Silver to help give inspiration and tips to help you become a better artist
* 25 Hi-definition interpretations of these characters from some of today's most popular artists
* Intro by Stephen including over 25 of his own Hi-definition character renderings
* Pinch and zoom on all Hi-definition images to focus on the details
* "Flip" feature for all Hi-definition images to flip the image horizontally essentially doubling the number of poses to draw from
* Stephen's biography and link to his website
* Information and video about Stephen's Schoolism.com online art classes for one-on-one art training.
* One universal app that works on both the iPhone and the iPad.
Resubmitting for 64-bit compliance.
Ratings and Reviews
I purchased the first edition many months ago for use on my ipod. It didn't work well on that but I knew it had potential with all of the images. A couple weeks ago I purchased an iPad and downloaded the update. I'm really impressed with both the images and the short videos he includes. I love the dramatic poses and characters. I'm back to purchase the female version. Some people may think $9.99 is a high price for an iPad app. I think it is a low price for this many fun images and instructional videos.
I just wish there was a way to look at the images and draw on my iPad at the same time!
iPad loads wrong
I bought both the female and the male posebook apps. They are both a delight to own I bought them on my iPhone 4s and they work great. Well I just bought one of the new iPads (3rd generation) and installed them both and I cannot use either it almost seems as though it has a thick black border around the main menu and its forcing the menu off the right side and top of the screen. I can blindly tap the black areas and eventually find the sweet spot to get the intro video to play but I cannot access any of the galleries or other features.
I hope there is an update or fix for this soon. As having this tool on an iPad screen is going to be more valuable then having it on an iPhone...
A friend turned me on to these books. For all levels of artists trying to draw the male form. Don't get your hopes up for all shapes of males though. That's the only thing the pose books lack, is a wider selection of male or female (depending on which book you get) figures. Still worth the money however. I have both books and when I started using them I could tell an improvement in my figure illustrations and sketches.
- Johnny Byrnes
- 309.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Stephen Silver 2011
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.