By Smith Micro Software, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
**SPECIAL $19.99 USD FOR A LIMITED TIME**
**Thank you for your interest in Poser Debut. If you have questions or comments, please feel free to contact us by clicking on the support button on the right.**
Bring 3D characters to life right on your Mac!
Want to make 3D art and animation? Learn 3D fast with Poser Debut! Its easy to master 3D with our easy to follow, step-by-step Project Guide. Poser Debut has everything you need to get started quickly, including dozens of ready to pose characters from cute cartoons and animals to robots and photo-realistic humans. Within minutes you can start rendering 3D scenes into gorgeous art and cool animations that will impress your family, friends, teachers and coworkers. It's easy, it's fun, it's Poser Debut.
Why Poser Debut?
√ The Most Affordable Way to Learn 3D
If you've ever been interested in 3D animation and illustration, but can't afford to spend an arm and a leg on expensive software and content, then Poser Debut is the perfect product for you. Poser Debut offers a wide range of 3D tools at a fraction of the cost of other 3D programs.
√ The User Interface Makes 3D Easy
All the tools and controls you'll need are simple to understand. Just click and drag to pose figures, move lights and cameras, or drag content right from the library into your scene.
√ Pose 3D Characters with Natural Bending in Every Joint
To create great art you need 3D figures that bend and move as they would in real life. Poser Debut includes a powerful rigging system for realistic posing figures. Skin folds and stretches naturally. All Poser figures come pre-rigged; you simply load a figure into the scene, grab a body part and pose it. The rigging system does the work and you have fun posing and animating in 3D.
√ Click and Drag to Move Everything in the Scene in Real Time
Everything in a Poser Debut scene, from lights and cameras to figures and body parts, can be moved with a simple click and drag. Build your scene in real time 3D.
√ Get Started Fast with 2GB of Free Content
With over 2GB of included content you'll be creating 3D images fast. Over 70 ready-to-pose professional quality characters and hundreds of props, furniture, scenery items and more are included. Just drag and drop content into your scene from the library. No need to build your own! Click on a clothing item and drop it onto a figure. Most figures come with facial controls to make eyes blink and mouths smile, withfully posable hands and feet, and realistic texture maps. Plus you can edit any pose or scene element and add it to the library.
√ Create 3D Art & Animation like a Pro
Poser Debut's Firefly rendering engine is powerful enough to create art and animation that looks like it came from a Hollywood studio, yet is simple to use from your first draft to your final masterpiece. Within minutes you can start rendering 3D scenes that will impress.
√ Learn 3D Basics with the In-App Project Guide
If you've never used a 3D application before, you'll appreciate our Project Guide. Read simple to follow instructions or watch videos to learn about Poser Debut.
Our 3D primer tutorial videos will familiarize you with the 3D scene and help you quickly learn the basic terms and building blocks of 3D. As you gain experience, you can dig deeper into the Project Guide to master everything about Poser Debut.
-Poser Debut makes learning 3D easy and fun!
-Pose 3D characters with natural bending in every joint. Over 70 included!
-Get started fast with 2GB of content.
The Poser Debut installer with the included content is over 2.5GB to download. This can download slowly depending on your connection speed.
What's New in Version 9.0.3
· Fixed case where installed 3rd party content wouldn’t show in Library palette.
· Fixed case where exporting Quicktime movie with sound would cause instability.
· Re-enabled Facebook Image Gallery upload.
I really like playing with Poser to test compositions for my illustrations and to do character development for my writing (both of which I’ve begun working on in earnest). I have not used Poser in many, many years and have been extremely reluctant to get back into it. But, in the Mac App Store at this price, its an absolute no-brainer to recommend to everyone I know. I have some qualms with the user-interface (such as not auto-focusing in a text box that was just opened up, or some aspects of how the libraries are handled), but overall… there is much more good than bad happening all around. This version of Poser, I can easily see being an indispensable element of my creative workflow. Great job!
Avoid This App
I’ve put about 6 hours with poser debut and have found it to be the most frustrating app/program that I have EVER used. I started with the tutorial and quickly realized that the tutorial that comes with the debut version was a poor modification of a tutorial that came with something else. About 30% of the time when the tutorial references a library, the referenced items are not there.
The cons of this downgraded version
My personal opinion of pros and cons for your reference:
- Nice app that does some really cool stuff (when it works and doesnt become extermely slow or crashes), very nice graphics.
- Comes with a pretty decent ammount of startup library and you can morph the characters nicely with the functions included.
- Even I paid twice the actual price in the app store, I have requested for my serial number in case I want to upgrade. No reply received.
- Often either gets too slow or crashes, does not retrieve anything.
- Bought additional content both from the developer and it’s compatible counterpart, It wouldnt be a problem if at least they would have left an easier way to install it, at least same as base Poser, (figured out later this is still a downgraded version from it), but still doesnt make any sense to cause nightmares trying to install additional content you paid for. I am so frustrated with the infamous runtimes. At startup it went pretty well for a noob like me, but once I tried to do the slightest simple thing aside from the tutorial the nightmare started, figure compatibility, purchased useless content hard to know for a novice that the files for mats, obj, textures, colors and silhouettes) pretty often come independently and the merging of new content has been a true pain in the arse. Huge time.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Mar 21, 2013
- Version: 9.0.3
- Size: 2.51 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Smith Micro Software, Inc.
- © Copyright (c) 1991 - 2011 Smith Micro Software, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later