Positron - Neg Viewer
By Ulf Leopold
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
So you have some old negatives stashed away in a drawer? Aren't you curious what's on them? Or maybe you are still shooting film? With Positron you can easily see what is on your negatives! Just move the iPhone camera over the negative strip and the positive image is continually displayed (in real-time) on the screen.
Positron works both with color and Black & White film negatives of various sizes. It has the following features:
* Sliders to easily adjust the color balance (red/green/blue) of color negatives (to compensate for the orange mask).
* Tap to focus.
* Pause/Resume the live feed by tapping the image window.
* Save the captured image to the iPhone camera roll as a 720x720 image (iPhone 4 & 4S) and 480x480 (iPhone 3GS).
* Black & White mode.
* Loupe (2x).
* Slider settings are remembered.
You will need something to light up the negative from behind. Best is a light table/box. If you have an iPad you can use it as light table. It is also possible to use the lit up Apple logo on the back of a MacBook.
* First pre-focus the camera. Try to find the closest focus distance of your device.
* Place the negative strip on a backlit surface.
* Move the iPhone back and forth until the image is in focus.
* Tap the image window to pause the live feed.
* Inspect the image and make color adjustments (in color mode).
* The same color settings usually apply for all frames on your negative film. So you can now tap the image window again to resume the live feed and inspect the rest of your film.
To capture an image:
* Pause the live feed.
* Inspect the image to make sure it looks good.
* Save the image to your camera roll by pressing the button with the camera icon.
* Resume the live feed.
(It is not necessary to pause the live feed to capture an image)
The screen shots show Positron in action on color and Black & White 35mm and 120-film. An iPad was used as a light table.
If you like this app, please rate it. Feedback is also welcome at our support email address.
What's New in Version 1.4
Now supports color adjustment of red, green, and blue. It is much easier to get the colors right and avoiding color casts. After this change the saturation slider proved less useful and has been removed.
A great start for an app!
This app saved me a lot of time trying to sort and clean up several family files. I hope to see improvements I future releases. Worth it!
A little pricey but works well
Sorting through some negatives to scan, and this really helped me identify the subjects. Much easier than thinking in reverse!
I don't know how to change color there negative and I check my camera roll they are negative not color!!!! Please help me? I am very disappointed there aren't help me anything 4.99 that lot of $! U theif!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 11, 2012
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 0.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ulf Leopold
- © 336dev
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (5th generation).