Postcard - Write once, share everywhere
By Kyle Newsome
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Postcard has been built around the fundamental idea of standardizing the way we use social media. The iOS app was created with several key functions that accomplish this goal:
- It's a social media authoring tool that gives you post-by-post control of where you share the message
- It lets one network serve as a 'host' and the remaining networks share a link back to that 'host' network's content
- It allows any prepared website to also receive the posted content
Who is Postcard for?:
Postcard is targeted primarily at helping anyone who takes their social content creation seriously, from individuals to businesses. It is a Swiss Army knife-like tool for social networking that empowers social media managers, businesses and independents by giving them greater control over where and how they post. For example, here are a few hypothetical use cases:
- For sharing the same social message to Facebook and Twitter, but other times not. Most services available right now try to automate sending EVERY message from one to the other but that is hardly ideal. (i.e. IFTTT, Native FB function, etc..)
- When you are a content creator with a personal website and you want your website to collect and display social content too, without any rules or limitations (e.g. not having to adhere to Twitter display requirements)
- Using your website to HOST the content. This way posts to FB/Twitter/etc.. are links to the original content. This is a HUGE win for people who care about the leads and ad revenue their website generates.
- If you have a piece of content that’s 200 characters long and contains video, using Facebook as your ‘host’ would allow it to be shared to Twitter with truncated text and a URL to the Facebook video.
- If you have multiple Twitter accounts, setting one as the ‘host’ makes the remaining twitter networks Retweet it. So if you have multiple Twitter accounts and one often retweets the other, this function is for you.
What's New in Version 1.04
Interested in learning more about Postcard's bigger developments and roadmap? Read the blog at http://postcardsocial.net/posts/
Email at email@example.com or @postcardsocial on twitter. If you're enjoying the app, consider leaving a review. Thank you!
- Fixes issues with several characters causing errors with Tumblr posts
-Tapping a toolbar button now scrolls to top
- A few minor fixes and crash issues
Exceptional Social Media Management App
This app is solid for your basic social media management. It does what it says it does. It allows you to keep all of your social media outlets up to date on your happenings without having to post to each network. I've only used the Free version so I can't comment on the "premium" version that allows more than just three social media networks.
My only issue encountered was a glitch that prevented my Twitter posts from showing up. However, after a quick disconnect of my Twitter feed and then a re-connect, the posts returned and crisis averted.
Give Postcard a shot and simplify your social media postings!
A hit or miss affair
I had high hopes for this app-we need something like this. But it is very inconsistent in posting photos. It's a hit or miss affair that often requires me to doublecheck if Postcard actually posted correctly. 75% of the time it did not and I have to individually delete these incomplete posts (that "postcard" did) and repost individually. Requires more work in the end!
You guys need to reconfigure your app to make it seamless as well as add Google plus
So far so good
I am only a few posts in. I really like it for being able to post to Facebook without having the app installed on my phone since I find it too distracting.
I really like the clean interface.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 20, 2014
- Version: 1.04
- Size: 2.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kyle Newsome
- © Kyle Newsome
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Networks$4.99
- 5 Additional Networks$2.99
- 2 Additional networks$0.99