PosterMaker - Create a real printable poster or flyer design
By Wombat Apps LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Finally, a way to design *real* *printable* posters, flyers, and signs using your iPhone or iPad! No complicated, expensive desktop publishing software required -- with just a few taps, you can create beautiful, ready-to-print PDFs.
PLUS: Quickly create a "Tear-Off Strip" at the bottom of your poster! You know, those little tabs you pull off a flyer with contact info. Those used to be a lot of work to create, but PosterMaker will create it for you -- just enter up to three lines of text!
Add text, images, sketches and doodles, shapes, and clip art. Customize fonts, background colors, text alignment, positioning, and scaling. Crop, pan, zoom, and adjust image transparency. This app's WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor is simple to use but very powerful!
NEW: Add a QR code by entering a URL. The app will generate and place a QR code image on your poster!
When you've finished your poster, you can view and print it, or export it to a high-resolution PDF file to email. Or, you can post it directly to Facebook or save it in your album.
If you have the iBooks, Evernote or Dropbox apps installed, you can easily open the PDF in any of those apps.
Each poster is completely savable in an in-app album. Want to modify a poster you already made? Just open it up, and it'll be there just as you last saved it.
- Create stunning posters, flyers, signs, and more with your tapping finger.
- Add images, sketches, and text labels!
- Add clip art from OpenClipart.org's library of thousands of public domain clip art.
- Quickly create an auto-generated "tear-off strip" at the bottom of your poster.
- Make the poster look the way you want it! So many design options: scaling, ordering, position, and more!
- Print to Letter, A4, or Tabloid paper sizes.
- Create posters in portrait or landscape orientation.
- Export to a high resolution PDF, image, or post to Facebook.
- Open in iBooks, Evernote, or Dropbox (if those apps are installed).
- Print directly from within the app.
- Import images from Dropbox.
- iTunes File Sharing enabled. Back up your files, or drop in images for easy access.
- Lots of fun and creative fonts.
What's New in Version 2.3.4
Performance and stability updates.
Major 11 x 17 layout flaw
I would have given 5 stars but the recent update addition which I was so excited about, the option to make 11 x 17 posters has a major flaw. You cannot do the layout in 11 x 17! Although you can export in 11 x 17, the app only allows you to view 8 1/2 x 11 in the layout. The proportions are totally different so making a good looking 11 x 17 poster is virtually impossible.
I do love the ease of the drag and drop and wish the 11 x 17 layout worked for me!
Better than anything on my stock laptop
After an hour of dickering around using stock programs on our laptops, we hit the App Store and found PosterMaker. Simple and satisfying to use--we had a nice flyer ready to distribute within 15minutes.
I like this app
What a cool power house! Creativity and this app go hand in hand. With a little practice , a small learning curve , I was most pleasantly surprised . I find the app lends itself well to traditional and innovative applications. Definitely should be in your creative locker.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 18, 2013
- Version: 2.3.4
- Size: 20.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Wombat Apps LLC
- © Wombat Apps LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.