Potty Time with Elmo
By Sesame Street
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is an animated story book and songs app, which will help teach your child about potty training.
*** Reached No. 1 in Education in the App Store! ***
When it’s time to potty train your little one, Elmo leads the way! The Potty Time with Elmo app is a fun way to ease the transition from diapers to big-kid underpants. Developed for children ready to potty train, this charming app features everyone’s favorite furry red monster, Elmo, helping his toy Baby David learn to use the potty. Also included are animated stickers, a reward chart, puzzles, and 5 fun songs:
• When It’s Potty Time, You Feel It
• I Am Waiting on the Potty
• Flush Goes the Potty
• I Wash, Wash, Wash My Hands
• Boom, Boom, Ain’t It Great to Be a Big Kid
With familiar tunes and instructive, easy-to-sing lyrics, the songs provide a super fun way to learn good bathroom habits.
The Potty Time with Elmo app will engage, encourage, and delight even the youngest kids. Learn the basics of potty use by listening to the story and interacting with it. Wait for the giggles to start! Tap around to hear fun sounds and Elmo’s encouraging words. Tap Elmo’s radio to hear catchy potty-time songs and sing along. Find stickers to collect on every story screen and add them to the sticker book. And track potty progress with the Sticker Reward Chart.
• Elmo, a favorite Sesame Street friend!
• Elmo-voiced catch phrases and positive reinforcement
• Lively storybook narration, with sound effects
• 5 fun-to-sing potty-time songs
• 15 animated stickers that are collected in a sticker book
• Sticker Reward Chart to track your child’s progress
• 5 potty-themed puzzles
• Helpful training tips for parents of would-be potty-goers
• 3 reading modes to choose from:
. . . • “Read to Me” mode, which lets you hear the story read aloud; find stickers, sounds, and songs; and turn the pages
. . . • “Read It Myself” mode, which lets you read the story yourself OR hear it read aloud; find stickers, sounds, and songs; and turn the pages
. . . • “Just Watch” mode, which automatically plays the story, sounds, and songs, and turns the pages—no interaction required.
Audio issues? If you do not hear any sound while playing this app, try one of the following:
• Check the volume buttons on the outside edge of your device to make sure the volume is not set to the lowest setting.
• Check the Ring/Silent switch (or Side Switch on the iPad) on the outside edge of your device to make sure it is not set to silent (mute).
• If #2 above does not work, please note that, on an iPad, the Side Switch can be used in two different ways: as a Mute button or as a Rotation Lock button (so the screen doesn’t rotate when you tilt the device). It is possible that the sound is muted and the functionality of the switch is set to Rotation Lock. In this case, flipping the switch back and forth will not turn the sound on and off. It will only affect the rotation of the screen.
• To change the functionality of the switch back to Mute On/Off, go into your Settings. Under the "General" category , find the “Use Side Switch to” box, and check Mute. Then exit Settings and return to the app. Now the Side Switch should work to turn the audio on or off.
• Once you turn on the audio, you can change the Side Switch back to a Rotation Lock button, and the audio will remain on.
• Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind the award-winning television show, Sesame Street. Our mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere reach their highest potential.
• Our goal is to make quality apps accessible to every family and provide the best possible experience for children.
If you have any questions or comments, contact us at: email@example.com"
What's New in Version 2.0
Optimized for iPhone 5 and iOS 7.
Added a protective baby gate to prevent accidental purchases and make for a safe play space.
Bug fixes and improvements.
Cute story, songs, and stickers
The potty story is super cute, and there's fun stuff to touch and hear in each scene. The toilet handle makes a flush sound, the radio plays songs, etc. Elmo doesn't read the story but he talks when you touch the little Elmo buttons, fill out the reward chart, or finish a puzzle. My son just started potty training and this app helps get him excited about potty time!
Cute and easy
This is a cute story with fun songs. What I liked best were the activities, especially the sticker activity because it gave my son a fun way to record every "try." Don't know why some people say there's a sound issue-- they must have the mute button on because the sound is awesome.
Awesome potty resource!
My son would wear undies at school but not at home & then would have accidents. After playing with this app, he wanted to wear solely undies & loves them! He likes the songs (yes, there is sound despite what another reviewer said!) & the puzzles. If this app got my STUBBORN potty-trainer going, it will work for yours!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 26, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 45.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sesame Workshop Apps
- ©2012 Sesame Workshop. All Rights Reserved., © 2012 Publications International, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.