From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Poughkeepsie Journal app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 30 days free ($7.99/month after). Or if you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://static.poughkeepsiejournal.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
• New in-app alerts let you know when there's a story we don't want you to miss: Look for the blue alerts bar within the app, similar to our existing Breaking News alerts (in red).
• As usual, we're always adding performance improvements and removing bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, editing needs improvement
**Update...not crashing now. Since same app version, it must have been unruly ads or backend fix.
*Update: version 5.7.2 crashes repeatedly on iPad Pro iOS 11.3
This app works very well. The layout, fonts, photos, navigation and performance are superb. My only suggestion is that the editors should not "pin" insignificant articles to top of listing for days, weeks, or even months at a time. Also, I end up reading the same articles day after day because the editor marks it as updated, even though the update is not noted or obvious. The second oldest newspaper in the USA should do better.
Says I have account; I am being charged on my credit card for a subscription but every time I try and access content it says I don’t have a subscription. No help or customer service. Will have to call my credit card company to request charge back of subscription fee. Same thing on the online version. They must be be losing thousands of customers who try and access online and by app.
Nothing better than having local news available at your fingertips. Love the alerts as well
- 234.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Poughkeepsie Journal Digital Subscription $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.