By Double Apps Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
"Pounce wins hands down as a solitaire game on the iPhone" - iphonefootprint.com
"Solitaire lovers rejoice! Now there’s a game that incorporates everything you love about Solitaire minus the monotony and boredom." - slapapp.com
"A fast-paced card game that’s hard to put down!" - appshouter.com
"Pounce iPhone game makes solitaire less lonely" - appolicious.com
"Solitaire on steroids!" - Primo24
"Addicting" - Pretty much everybody who tries it!
Take the 'solitary' out of solitaire with Pounce! Play against multiple virtual players, or play against your friends! Pounce is an intense multi-player speed card game. Game play is similar to solitaire, except that you are racing to play your cards faster than your opponents. Earn points for cards you play into the shared center field. Be the first to empty your Pounce pile to score bonus points!
Pounce is loaded with features:
- Single player games against up to 4 virtual opponents
- Head-to-Head games on a single device with 2 people and up to 2 virtual opponents.
- Multi-player games with up to 5 total players (up to 4 virtual opponents and/or 4 human players)
- Bluetooth is required for multi-player games
- Multiple card face, card back, and playing field designs
- Left-handed and right-handed modes
- Multiple playing styles:
- Pounce pile can be face-up or face-down (face-up makes for faster game play)
- Bonus or penalty scoring methods when a player calls 'Pounce!
- Play a set number of hands, or play to a specific score
- Single player games are saved if Pounce is interrupted or you exit
- In-depth tutorial teaches you how to play
Visit us on facebook!
What's New in Version 1.3.4
Additional Bug Fixes:
- Fix crash when hosting multiplayer game
- Fix lockup on host when multiplayer game interrupted by incoming call
- Fix crash when starting tutorial
Love Pounce, suggestion
Crashing in the tutorial is fixed!
If you're getting stuck too frequently, you should try either adding more computer players to the game, or go to the options screen under 'Game Play' and change the 'Top Pounce Card' to 'Face Up'. Those two things will get the game play moving faster. If you're just playing against one opponent, then yeah, you'll get stuck often. Maybe the game should force you to play against more opponents?
Really, Pounce is at its best when you play against as many computer players as you can handle ... that's when you get the adrenaline-pumping nail-biting end game where you're trying to beat the opponents at the last moment to call Pounce! I personally love it, there are not that many games with this kind of edge-of-your-seat game play.
This app is wonderful! Our family has been playing pounce for generations and this captures it perfectly! Please please develop it further so you can play with others online rather than just those physically near you with Bluetooth. Also it would be nice to have a level or two between fast and hyper for computer players. Thank you for a great application!
I really like this app. Keeps my brain and attention sharp! Playing against the computer is competitive. I really appreciate the work that went into this. In the old days this was a card game called "Nerds". Players would yell "Nerds!" when their pile was done. Very competitive ---- good memories of a lot of Friday/Saturday nights!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 03, 2012
- Version: 1.3.4
- Size: 6.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Double Apps Inc.
- © 2010 Double Apps Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.