Powder Project is your comprehensive guide to the best ski lines, wherever you are.
With the thoroughness of a printed map, we offer full GPS route info, elevation profiles, interactive features, photos, and more. Like a guidebook, we suggest the best featured ski lines to explore—either near your current location or in an area you search for. Local experts show you the highlights, challenging features, and insights you need to plan a great day in the snow.
• Find over 800 miles of backcountry, sidecountry, and secret stashes.
• New lines are constantly added to our incredibly detailed ski ascent and descent trail database.
• Your exact location is shown on the trail.
• Downloaded trails work offline for when you’re off the grid. (No cell reception required!)
• Enjoy high-resolution photos and detailed topographical trail maps.
• We’ll sync with your to-do list and check-ins on PowderProject.com.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This update brings you trail comments in the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Missing cross country ski trails
This is an interesting app in the pantheon of REI project apps. What’s missing is a connection for the cross country skier who enjoys back country off trail routes. There’s an opportunity here to provide a combination app that serves both the back country skier who skis with skins And seeks seeks big mountain downhill opportunities and the cross country skier who may be toying with the idea of crossing over from the typical cross country ski /Snowshoeing domain to view the terrain that is accessed by the back country skier. In fact when I skied the Libby Creek Trail recently, which had originally been billed for cross country skiing, I had to use the mountain bike project app to locate the hinterland portions of the trail where no one had skied yet and The trail would become lost due to snow overs and a few downed trees.
Good reference guide
This app is good as a trail guide but unfortunately doesn’t do a good job as a solo app for recording. Saved tracks only show location and distance but not total time or elevation. Better to record on Strava and upload to Powder Project if the trail doesn’t already exist.
Would love if the presented slope in degrees rather than percent
- Recreational Equipment, Inc
- 96.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Adventure Projects Inc 2015
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.