Power JSON Editor is a powerful JSON editor for developers. By Power JSON Editor, developers can easily import JSON data from web, or import plist data as JSON, and also can export JSON to plist file. With support of Plug-in, Power JSON Editor is also easily to extend its functions, currently supports rendering JSON data with Jade template.
√ iCloud support
* Save and open JSON documents in iCloud
√ Multiple Editor Panel
* Raw JSON text editor
* JSON node editor
* JSON node tree editor
* Toggle editor panel easily
√ Powerful Node Edit
* Error message of parsing JSON, useful to debug invalid JSON
* One-click beautifying JSON text
* Convert node data type between string, number, boolean and null
* Duplicate, cut, copy and paste JSON node
* Adjust node's parent easily with Command + ] or Command + [
* Wrap JSON node to object or array
* Drag and drop JSON data between documents or other editors
√ Powerful Node Search
* Search nodes' key and value
* Search with JSONPath expression
* For JSONPath support, see JSONPath Support section in http://tickplant.com/powerjsoneditor/
* Use "$.store.book[?(price < 10)]" for searching books which price less than 10
* For JSONPath grammar, visit http://goessner.net/articles/JsonPath/
* Only shows matched nodes
√ Plug-in Supports
* QuickLook plugin
- Preview JSON with pretty format in Finder
* Plist format convert plugin
- View and Edit plist file with Power JSON Editor
* JSON Render plugin
- Render JSON with Jade template and export HTML
* Local Web Server plugin
- Use Power JSON Editor as an API Server
* Not Well-formed JSON Parse plugin
* MongoDB Extendend JSON normalize plugin
* More Plug-ins in developing
√ Import & Export
* Import JSON data from web
* Import Plist file as JSON
* Export JSON to plist file
√ JSON Render Plug-in
* Render JSON as html with Jade template
* JSON document in jade local variable is "data", for example:
- each item in data
Any questions or suggestions please don't hesitate to send an email to email@example.com, your advice is important to us :)
- Fix change node value in node panel failed
- Add validate illegle characters at JSON ending
- Add display children count of array node
Ratings and Reviews
Great app…for small files.
This app is critical to my business, and I am very glad I purchased it. However it appears the app is not optimized for multiple cores, if I 20-40mb JSON file, it takes minutes to do any operation, even on an iMac Pro.
I would really love if the developer improves multiple core and single core performance and would easily update this to 5 stars.
It’s OK, but a little buggy
It can beautify JSON but then it can’t alwasy match up the JSON with the node you select.
A great tool
It does what it says it does. It makes editing Json easy, and one can see (and cut and paste) the Json below each level. A stand-out feature is that you get a full text box for strings, and you edit the string un-escaped (with newlines, etc) and it's stored fully escaped. I've rarely seen this in XML editors. It lets you move nodes around (even key/value pairs, even though this doesn't really make a difference, but makes the Json more readable) and make a nodes into an object or an array. One can even edit true/false values from the view screen.
My only issues (and they are minor) is that it lets you add keys which already exist in the object, and when you create a string node, it starts out with "string" as the text (I would have preferred blank).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.