By Jiwei Xu
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
PowerEncoding is an easy and powerful tool for converting files' encoding and line endings.
*Notice*: PowerEncoding only supports text-based files, for example: .txt, .xml and .cpp and etc. Rich Text Format file can not be converted, such as .doc, .docx, .rtf.
- Batch convert files' encoding and line endings
- Auto detect file's encoding and line endings
- Preview file's content with selected encoding
- Drag and drop support, easy to add files
- Apple Script
- One-click revert file's content
- Open file with specified application
- File convert status with color indicator (Yellow for files will be converted, Red for files with wrong Current Encoding)
- Bottom status display how many files added and how many files will be converted
Apple Script Example:
tell application "PowerEncoding"
add files from POSIX file "/Users/ohdarling/Downloads/ToBeConvert" target encoding "Unicode (UTF-8)"
Target Line Endings options: Windows, Unix, Classic
Any question or suggestions just email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.1
Add Apple Script support, now you can process your files with script.
For script example please check description above.
this application saves me tons of time
I can now do Applescript to do the work so converting the 1 million files I have a week.
The Developer is so nice I asked if he could add this feature and he added it in a very short time. This saving me from doing this manually each week.
This is a must app if you need to convert files.
Works great for me to iron out encoding and line ending differences before using a merge tool. Its nice to see problem files at a glance.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 13, 2015
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jiwei Xu
- © 2015 TickPlant.com
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor