One of the fastest growing classroom management solutions is now available for the iPad.
PowerTeacher Mobile works with PowerSchool, which is the fastest-growing, most widely used student information system, supporting more than 13 million students across the globe.
PowerTeacher Mobile untethers teachers from their desktop or laptop and allows them to record scores and make observations while roaming the classroom, gymnasium, blacktop, science lab or even on a field trip.**
- iPhone, iPod, iPad, and iPad Pro support
- Post assignments and scores to parents and students in real-time
- Create, update, and manage assignments
- Record scores for assignments
- View and update class information
- Record or auto-calculates student final grade
- Mass fill scores for assignments
- Enter comments and score codes for assignments
- Review class rosters
- Access student demographics
- Access student alerts
- Send email to student contacts
- View student photos from the office
- View scoresheet for student groups
- Create, update, and manage assignment categories
- Review grade scales
- Reporting terms to filter assignments and final grades
- Integrated help center
- Secure login
- School Locator
- Synchronize with the PowerTeacher web grade book
- Virtual Chalkboard
Your school district must be using the PowerSchool, PowerSchool SMS or Chancery SMS student information systems. If you are not sure what student information system your school is using, contact your school.
1. PowerTeacher Mobile requires PowerSchool version 8.0+, PowerSchool SMS 8.0 or Chancery SMS 7.6.0.
2. Mobile access is controlled by school administration.
3. Requires a wireless connection or mobile data plan
What's New in Version 2.1.2
* Works with PowerTeacher Pro by providing links to new gradebook content
* Resolved miscellaneous known issues
* PowerTeacher Mobile requires iOS 8.0 through 10.3.3 and is only compatible with PowerTeacher Gradebook. For users on iOS 11 or greater, use PowerTeacher Pro, the web-application gradebook from PowerSchool.
Ratings and Reviews
It worked so well...two days ago. Now it won't work!
I've had this app on my personal iPad for a few months now. It had been working fairly well... I liked being able to put in grades at home as I graded without having to record the scores on a paper scoresheet and enter them at work. There's definitely a learning curve to get used to the app versus the desktop version I use at school, since it's laid out completely differently. I downloaded the app onto a classroom iPad on Tuesday, and it was awesome! I could walk around my classroom and put in grades for student's sketches as they finished them. Today (Thursday), literally two days later, I'm trying to use the app on my personal iPad again, and I can no longer log-in. The list of schools in my district to select during log-in won't load/doesn't exist. So I guess I'm back to the paper score sheets for now. :(
I tried this app a few years ago and it was horrible. I can't even sign in now. I don't understand why PowerTeacher can't be more accessible. This was my previous review, which still applies even to the desktop version (although it has gotten better, it's still finicky):
Well, I can create new assignments and put grades in, but that's about it. It's glitchy and either doesn't load the class or it crashes and kicks me out of the app. Also, I can't see the final averages on students in the app, and from what I can see, there's no way I can do it. If you have to use PowerSchool in a hurry, I guess it does the job of simply recording the grades. You can't do too much else with it. Considering how glitchy the desktop version is, though, I'm not too surprised.
So far, so good....
The app is working well for me so far. I don't know what's up with the negative reviews I've read. I love the convenience of being able to use the program through my iPad and iPhone. I was able to set up grade book from scratch--entering my categories and percentages and then entering my first grades of the quarter. Not sure what I'd need to do that I can't accomplish through the app, but I'm a beginner.
- PowerSchool Group LLC
- 41 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Copyright© 2005 - 2016 PowerSchool Group LLC. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.