By Poynt Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Poynt lets you find and connect with businesses, movies, restaurants, people and events near you whenever and wherever you need them. Then, with a single swipe, share your results with friends. Poynt allows you to interact with your search through placing calls to businesses, mapping directions, viewing showtimes and movie trailers or reserving a table at a local restaurant.
* Movies – search by theater, movie, top 10 or genre; sort by name or rating; view trailers; view movie rankings; add to calendar; send details to contacts; buy movie tickets
* Restaurants – Search by name, cuisine type or nearby; click-to-call; get directions; view website; view hours and prices; reserve a table
* Gas Prices (US/Canada/UK ONLY) – view best prices by grade or stations nearby; click-to-call; get directions; view station amenities; send details to contacts
* Events – search by category, venue, performer, event or nearby; get directions; send details to contacts; add events to calendar
* People – lookup by name or reverse lookup by phone number or address; click-to-call; get directions; send details to contacts
* Businesses – search by name; get directions; click to call; add details to contacts
* Messaging – syncs to your address book to find your Poynt friends; integrated chat history; search within messaging; invite any contact; search user by email or phone number
* In-App Search – while chatting, tap to reveal the search wheel and a new world of content: media, people, restaurants, movies, videos, events, and gas stations
* Sharing – share any search result with your chat friends via a simple finger swipe to the right; share to Facebook, Twitter or via SMS and email
What's New in Version 2.5.2
* Added ability to search for hotels
* Bug fixes
Point keeps crashing
Used to love this app, adding locations to contacts was great but for past month or so (there have been 2 or 3 updates) the app just crashes the moment I open it. I'm unable to even search before it closes. I've tried resetting phone, uninstalling and reinstalling app and nothing works. Was hoping this last update with promised "bug fixes" would do the trick but alas NO. Wish they would fix this!!!