Postpartum depression (PPD) is the most common complication of childbearing. The 10-question Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS) is a valuable and efficient way of identifying patients at risk for postpartum depression. The EPDS self-screening test is easy to administer and has proven to be an effective screening tool for PPD.
Instructions for Moms:
1. The mother is asked to select the response that comes closest to how she has been feeling in the previous 7 days.
2. All 10 questions must be answered.
3. Care should be taken to avoid the possibility of the mother discussing her answers with others.
4. The mother should complete the scale herself, unless she has limited English or has difficulty with reading.
5. The Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale may be used at 6-8 weeks postpartum with repetition between 3-6 months to screen for PPD. The minimum time period to retake the EPDS test is two weeks. The child health clinic, a postnatal checkup, or a home visit may provide a suitable opportunity for its completion as the mom can take the test in private.
Resolved a compatibility issue with the latest MacOS
- Digital Orientation Resolutions Inc.
- 4.2 MB
- OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Copyright © 2018 by Digital Orientation Resolutions Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.