True to its name, Practical Horseman magazine provides hands-on, instructive articles on riding and training, horse care and competition for English riders in hunters, jumpers, equitation, dressage and eventing. Clearly written, skillfully photographed step-by-step articles bring the expertise of top equestrians to the magazine's goal-oriented readers. Profiles and features create a sense of community, from top professionals to dedicated amateurs.
Here are the details of the Practical Horseman subscription offer:
1 Year Subscription: $19.99
3 Month Subscription : $4.99
Monthly subscription: $1.99/month
Single Issue: $3.99
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of renewal for a 3 month subscription is $4.99. The cost of renewal for a monthly subscription is $1.99/month.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication
iOS 11.4 Update including minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Horrible, horrible service. I also had the experience of my subscription working for one year, but upon auto-renewal I can no longer download any issues (past, present, or future). iTunes says my subscription is active, but every time I try to download an issue the app tells me the authorization has failed and I do not have access to the content. This has been going on for one whole year without resolution. I'm out the entire $20, could not get a refund, and eventually just went back and bought the paper magazine. Thank goodness iTunes reminded me it was about to auto-renew again, which allowed me to promptly turn it off. Great magazine, but this app is a money pit where you get absolutely nothing for your dollars - no magazine, no service, no refunds! Beware!
I love the magazine itself but I do not recommend purchasing any issues through the app. It never loads the full issue, usually only gives you the first 6 pages...for $3.99! I'm a subscriber to the print version and like I said the magazine itself is excellent but this app is a rip off. Won't use it again until they update it. I've tried with several issues and the same thing always happens-- I pay the $3.99 for 6 or 8 pages (just advertisements and the table of contents) but have yet to be able to access a single article. Very disappointing.
I enjoyed this magazine the first year I subscribed. Once it auto-renewed for the next year suddenly it was promoting me to buy each magazine and I was unable to sign in in Newstand to load my subscription information. I paid for a whole other year that I cannot access. I am tech-savy and have tried everything. Apple won't respond to give me a refund or fix the issue, so I have conceded that I am out $11 or $12 or whatever I paid for the next year. As insult to injury, the link here in the store to "app support" goes nowhere.
- Active Interest Media, Inc
- 52.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Active Interest Media
- In-App Purchases
- Practical Horseman HD $1.99
- Practical Horseman HD $19.99
- Practical Horseman HD $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.