By Signals and Stuff LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Loop sections you want to practice and learn by ear at your own speed. Slow down music without changing the pitch, or transpose without changing the tempo.
PracticeLooper is ideal for musicians, students, bands, transcribers, choreographers, or anyone else that needs to analyze songs or practice in sync with music.
- Use songs directly from your iTunes library.
- Independent speed and pitch controls with high quality audio.
- Zoomable waveform for creating precise loops.
- Create multiple loops, saved for each song.
- MIDI controller support, such as keyboards or foot pedals. Simple "MIDI Learn" for common functions (start/stop/rewind, loop creation/deletion/selection, pitch/speed).
- No ads or In-App Purchases.
- Localization for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean
- Accessibility support for VoiceOver users
Note: Tracks with legacy Digital Rights Management are not supported
Musicians will love this app
Superb!! This app works precisely as described. The ability to select songs from my iTunes library and slow them down while staying in the original key with great sound quality is terrific. I was amazed how quickly I could re-learn songs that I played for years and make corrections to achieve more authentic transcriptions. Also, the ability to change the song's key by using the semitones feature is extremely useful. Keyboard players will appreciate the midi feature which enables the app's functions to be assigned to a midi-enabled keyboard. Musicians and aspiring musicians will love this app!
Waste of time/ money
Would not work with any of hundreds of tunes in my iTunes library due to DRM not supported.
Super convenient for transcribing
I’m using PracticeLooper to learn some Charlie Parker solos. Defining multiple loops is convenient and I love using my MIDI controller to adjust pitch and tempo. Very nice interface to picking my iTunes tracks
- Category: Music
- Released: Jan 18, 2015
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 8.9 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
- Seller: Signals and Stuff LLC
- © 2014 Signals and Stuff LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.