PrayerMate - Christian Prayer App
By Andy Geers
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PrayerMate helps you be faithful in prayer for the people and causes you care about.
Every day, PrayerMate will select a person or topic that you've entered from each of your main categories (perhaps "My family" or "My small group at church") and show them to you as a series of index cards - then just swipe between them to pray. It brings together prayer points you've entered manually, regular updates from a whole host of Christian charities and churches, PDF prayer letters and daily prayer pointers from "Operation World".
Prayer is one of the greatest privileges for the person of faith, and yet most of us wish we were better at it. Now when you say to someone "I'll pray for you!" you can make sure you follow it up.
* Intuitive index card interface lets you swipe between the day's topics
* Set up your own personal categories and subjects to suit the way you pray
* Subjects can be entered manually or directly from your address book contacts - no typing necessary!
* Subscribe to online prayer diaries, with content from organisations such as London City Mission, Open Doors, UCCF The Christian Unions, Church Society and numerous local churches (including your own if you like!)
* Operation World "country of the day" feed
* Get the Church of England Collect for the Day automatically
* Gallery of downloadable prayers, plus "Take Words With You" scriptural prayer builder
* Attach photos and PDFs to prayer points
* Import/Export via Dropbox
* Optional daily alarm clock to remind you to pray
* Prayer points can be scheduled by date, day of the week/month, or just whenever they haven't been prayed for in a while
* PIN code feature for added privacy
* Email or message the people you're praying for from within the app, or email prayer points to a group of friends
* Built-in help system
What's New in Version 5.8.2
Supports an improved workflow when following a link to a third party feed
Most useful prayer app!
I started using this app a few years ago when it was first released on the App Store. After a while I ended up straying from PrayerMate and went to other apps that offered more bells and whistles and visual appeal. About 6 weeks ago I stumbled back upon PrayerMate and I can't get over how greatly it has improved. I really love the way this app helps me to construct a great prayer session that is balanced and well thought out. It has a lot of controls and settings to tweak- which at first seem cumbersome -but once you understand why they are there you fall in love with them.
I am really glad I came back to PrayerMate. It is keeping my prayer life organized and fresh each day.
My only request would be to add a timer so that users could track how long they pray. It would be even better if it connected to health kit and counted our prayer time as meditation. That might be more trouble than it is worth but it would make this the best prayer app ever!
Thanks to the developer for sticking with this and updating it over the years.
I'm bad about always having my phone in my hand. This app helps me take that addictive behavior and turn the attention back to God. If I have five minutes, I stop and pray for the promoted subjects. It's a valuable tool for me and I recommend it to others.
Great tool for intentional prayer!
I have been using this app now for a couple of years and I recommend it every chance I get. Though there are many great things, the one that I didn't realize I needed was world missions and I love the prayer request that are shared, I feel connected to the other side of the world. So, as each new one comes up, I copy and paste and re-create them so they never go away & as updates come in, I update them. Today was a great day, 2 request that I was a part of praying for had amazing updates. There is power in prayer!!!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 03, 2017
- Version: 5.8.2
- Size: 35.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andy Geers
- © 2016 Andy Geers
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- PrayerMate Patron$5.99
- 5 Things to Pray for the People You Love$3.99
- Praying the Promises$1.99
- 5 Things to Pray For Your Church$3.99