By Andy Geers
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
PrayerMate helps you be faithful in prayer for the people and causes you care about.
Every day, PrayerMate will select a person or topic that you've entered from each of your main categories (perhaps "My family" or "My small group at church") and show them to you as a series of index cards - then just swipe between them to pray. It brings together prayer points you've entered manually, regular updates from a whole host of Christian charities and churches, PDF prayer letters and daily prayer pointers from "Operation World".
Prayer is one of the greatest privileges for the person of faith, and yet most of us wish we were better at it. Now when you say to someone "I'll pray for you!" you can make sure you follow it up.
* Intuitive index card interface lets you swipe between the day's topics
* Set up your own personal categories and subjects to suit the way you pray
* Subjects can be entered manually or directly from your address book contacts - no typing necessary!
* Subscribe to online prayer diaries, with content from organisations such as London City Mission, Open Doors, UCCF The Christian Unions, Church Society and numerous local churches (including your own if you like!)
* Operation World "country of the day" feed
* Get the Church of England Collect for the Day automatically
* Gallery of downloadable prayers, plus "Take Words With You" scriptural prayer builder
* Attach photos and PDFs to prayer points
* Import/Export via Dropbox
* Optional daily alarm clock to remind you to pray
* Prayer points can be scheduled by date, day of the week/month, or just whenever they haven't been prayed for in a while
* PIN code feature for added privacy
* Email or message the people you're praying for from within the app, or email prayer points to a group of friends
* Built-in help system
What's New in Version 5.10.5
Paid feeds can now let you read a sample entry for free. Also made the "Enter a list of names" page clearer.
I have used PrayerMate since 2012 and have dozens of lists with hundreds of people with many details captured. My lists include some friends all the way back to the first grade.
I select the timing to pray for each person and request. Some are daily, three days a week, same day every week, monthly or annually. Some urgent daily requests are changed to weekly or monthly as the urgency or need lessens and visa versa.
Each morning a have a list of 35 to 45 items that I have selected that are waiting for me. Some have significant details of my interactions with people over long periods of time. It is truly a prayer diary of my life for the benefit of others.
My life and the lives of others are impacted by this constantly evolving list of new prayer needs, answered prayers, God's desire for me to follow Him in what He is doing and His use of my prayers and availability. All of this is made very simple and extremely effective by the PrayerMate capture and organization app.
Thank you, Andy, for your tireless commitment and efforts in this excellent upgrade of PrayerMate.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 17, 2017
- Version: 5.10.5
- Size: 43.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andy Geers
- © 2017 Andy Geers
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- PrayerMate Patron$9.99
- Praying the Promises$1.99
- 5 Things to Pray for the People You Love$3.99
- 5 Things to Pray For Your Church$3.99