By Concordia Publishing House
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
PrayNow is the daily prayer app that places the Scriptures at the center of daily meditation and prayer.
"Pray without ceasing." (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
Daily prayer should be central to what we do as Christians. Yet it is so easy for the pressures and stresses of daily life to crowd out the time for meaningful prayer.
PrayNow is designed to meet the needs of the Christian who wishes to follow a disciplined order of daily prayer centered in the Scriptures and to use the rich resources of the church’s ancient daily orders of prayers with writings from the Church Fathers.
Pray Now provides you with the following:
• Complete texts for each day:
- A reading from the Psalms
- An Old Testament reading
- A New Testament reading
- A selection from a writing by a church father
- A hymn stanza
- A prayer for the day
• Complete orders for daily prayer:
- Early Evening
- Close of Day
• Features the feasts, festivals, and commemorations of the Christian Church Year
• The full text of the Psalms is available with, or without, chant notation
• A full collection of prayers for the days of the week and for various aspects of your life in Christ
- Full texts for every day appear automatically according to the calendar
- Dynamic calendar allows you to display text for any day
- Choose between five different fonts
- Fully scalable font size
- Night reading mode
- Bookmarking capabilities
- Add, View, and Edit notes on each day's readings
- Insert the day's readings into any of the above orders for daily prayer
- TV/VGA Out for group settings
What's New in Version 3.1.6
* Support for larger device sizes
Great App!- could use an update.
This app is quite helpful to those who follow the daily prayer of the LCMS Treasury of Daily Prayer (TDP). All the readings, hymn suggestions, collects, etc are presented for each day upon opening. You can access any date in the year as well. There is an option to include whichever parts into the order of service which is awesome. I use this app with my hymnal and Bible just to have the readings on hand to look up.
One of the few things I wish were included are the daily propers such as the seasonal invitatories and responsories. I enjoy changing them with the church calendar.
Awesome content, a bit buggy
3.1.6 introduces support for the iPad Pro 12.9". However, it doesn't gain us much since for some reason the text display is only using the upper two-thirds of the screen. The bottom third is just blank.
The content in this app is essentially the same as the excellent Treasury of Daily Prayer, minus a few parts here and there. It keeps track of the calendar and church year for you, and can even display inline propers and readings in a Matins, Vespers, and Compline prayer service.
However, it occasonally crashes on 4.3, and when it does you can't get it to start again unless you change the date on your device, or wait until the next day.
Great content, great presentation!
PrayNow 3.1.6 is a solid version. I like seeing night mode restored to the app.
The dynamic calendar still knocks my socks off. There is no better way to access the fantastic content of "Treasury of Daily Prayer" than through this app.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Oct 10, 2016
- Version: 3.1.6
- Size: 21.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Concordia Publishing House
- © 2010 Concordia Publishing House
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.