* Ranked Top 25 Educational Games * iTunes App Store-New & Noteworthy
* "..I was impressed by this app.." TiPB.com The #1 iPhone blog
* ICTforEducators.com "..create individual users and monitor their progress through reports.. useful for classroom environments or for parents who have more than one child"
* Genevieve Lucaccini "..Using it daily with children with autism. Thank you for giving us another way to reach them, and yet provide the data that districts and IEP teams require"
* iHeartThisApp.com - App of the week
@CoolMomTech "..get kids on the right track for years ahead of learning adventures"
@TheiPhoneMom "..The app has a simple, clean design and the user interface is easy to follow"
@TechInSpecialEd "..app is like strict school teacher and enforces the writing rules more than any other app we have seen"
@iKidApps "..helps tots associated letters and sounds with words"
@AppsHomeSchool "..4/5 stars.. App to watch!"
@iViewApps"..music for this app is great, its very soothing and playful which is good for children trying to learn something"
@agardner73 "..report could guide the teacher as he/she builds future lessons"
@iPadAppsReviews "..4.5/5 stars.. a wonderful and effective learning material for kids"
@AhgooReview "..They will have so much fun with it they won’t even know they are learning"
BrightStartApps is an interactive learning system that teaches children Letters, Words, Numbers and Phonics in a fun and engaging way following government curriculum's adopted in UK, US and Canada from pre-K to grade 5. The application brings together experiences in the classroom to your children's hands with the bonus of allowing parents and teachers to monitor their performance.
Pre-K Letters and Numbers With Real Time Performance Reporting is the first of a series of tracing applications aimed at kindergarten kids who are just setting out to build a foundation of language and numeracy, develop fine motor skills, understand phonics and build their vocabulary with the bonus of blending common letters and counting. Our unique characters, music, sounds and over 75 fruit, vegetable, animal and items around the house illustrations help with the learning experience. Elel, Momo, Lili and friends guide the child through the letters, numbers and phonics experience with clear instructions, applause for success and "Oops" for mistakes.
Key app features include:
*Individual user setup (optional)
*Online child performance Report Card (optional)
*Simple and easy to use design
*Memorable characters, pictures, shapes and sounds
*Positive learning experiences
*Numbers, words and phonics include a full word set of animals, fruits, vegetables and items around the house
Your child will learn the following:
*Early foundations of language and numeracy
*How to recognize, read, write and pronounce upper and lower case letters
*Consonants and vowels
*Phonograms and early blending
*Early stage numbers and counting
Parents and teachers can review children's performance through their iPhone, iPad or via www.BrightStartApps.com which shows a Report Card highlighting success rates, bell curve rank and suggested development areas for each user.
Pre-K Letters and Numbers is Free for a limited version with $1.99 in-app purchase for the full version inc real-time reports
BrightStart takes children's privacy very seriously. Our apps:
- Do not contain ads
- Do not contain integration with social networks
- Do not include links to other apps
- Do not use analytics / data collection tools
- Do not share any information with 3rd party groups
- Do collect performance information (for registered users only)
For more information, please see our website.
* We have included additional Parental Gates as per requests by ACT and other regulators
* Improved user reporting
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect Letter Formations!
After searching through many apps, pre-k has the phonics and letter formations perfected. It looks like they have totally adopted the Orton-Gillingham learning methods which is great as this ensures my children will learn letter sounds and strokes properly with the bonus of numbers and blending.
Its a small cost for the app but has huge value and I can confidently recommend it!
We love this app but now that we have updated my iPhone this app isn’t compatible. It says I need to update the app but there is no update available.
Great for Early Learning!
Excellent resource for parents and teachers, fun and educational for my class.
- BrightStart LLC
- 143.8 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © BrightStart LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Letters and Numbers $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.