By Chillingo Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
***Our Mac App Store summer price SLASH won’t last long, get it now!"
Humans are the most dangerous killers on the planet…but this isn’t their planet. This is a game preserve and they are the prey. Hone your hunting techniques to lethal precision as you earn full membership in the Predator clan by tracking down and eliminating packs of human killers and defending yourself against even deadlier enemies. Prove you are the ultimate Predator! Begin the hunt and end their lives.
“The Predator is just a badass.” — IGN; Editor’s Choice Award
“…all-around excellent human-slaying action.” — Gizmodo
“…check[s] off all the gory boxes to satisfy even the headiest of cult followers.” — TouchArcade
“…good game that makes great use of its license…” — 148Apps
“…Predators may be the best game available for the iPhone and iPad.” — AppAdvice
• Deep, engrossing, and challenging campaign spread over 31 alien levels.
• Varied alien environments ranging from eerie killing grounds to dense jungle.
• Defend yourself against 3 powerful and distinct Berserker Predators determined to exterminate your clan; Tracker Predator, Falconer Predator and the Super Black Predator.
• Unlock Alien technologies and weapons as you collect human skulls on your hunt!
• Use incredible Predator technology including Stealth and Thermal Vision.
• Brutal weapons like the Razor Whip, Wrist Blades and Spears give new meaning to the phrase ‘Get to the chopper!’
Worth 5 bucks and that's it.
The developers did a good job graphics wise. There are a few things that annoy me.
1) A Predators blood is green, not red.
2) No ambient sound effects. (I.e. no rain sounds, no foot steps etc.)
3) Water on ground is just a texture.
4) Lazers from the targeting system looks off at times.
It's a repetetive game. You hack and slash an X amount of enemies before you meet the "boss". Still, it's fun and well worth the 5 dollars. More then that I don't think I'd pay for a game of this caliber. The controls are good, was expecting you to aim with the mouse while using the WASD keys to move, but that's not the case. You use the keyboard to shoot as well as aim.
3 out of 5.
Cool game, but poor keyboard implementation
I like the game quite a bit, but the keyboard implementation seems to be lacking. The timing on attacks seems to be extremely precise, and pressing a key for a combo (say, Z+Z+Z+X) a split second too early means a failed combo. I have to actually count the presses out loud to keep from hitting them too quickly. Seems to be some serious lag between the key presses and the game's response to them. Even seems to occur with movement. Here's hoping Chillingo adresses this. until then, no more than 3 stars.
I think this is a pretty good game, after reading the reviews I was hesitant to purchase it but it has exceeded my expectations. I would recomend this game to any one who likes fairly envolved gameplay and a nice taste for bloodluste and the price isnt bad either, the only thing in my opinion that could use some improvement is the audio.