Multi-award winning app for people with speech disabilities who need a sleek, simple and smart way to communicate! Predictable speaks out the messages you type using your favourite from a selection of keyboard layouts (including 10 key keyboard, Apple’s own iOS keyboard, or any keyboard extension from the app store also works). Intelligent word prediction, which learns an individual’s pattern of use, makes communication even faster. Record your own voice saying familiar phrases or use your voice banked ModelTalker voice.
Save phrases in the phrase bank for quick access; add items to Favourites and set up the features for a more personalised experience. Switch accessible; people with significant physical disabilities can still work the app using one or two switches. Now in it’s 5th major iteration, with all new features and appearance.
“A company to watch in the future. Again, I like what they stand for and that the heart of their business is the desire to help people and their families be able to communicate with one another. Impressive awards and impressive company! Like that the heart of their business is the desire to help people who no longer have a voice to do so.” Sir Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Group.
VOLUME PURCHASE PROGRAM - 50% off to enrolled organisations
• Prediction engine for both British and American spelling, with intelligent word prediction and learning of new words and dyslexia support options
• ModelTalker Voice banking allows you to use your own synthesised voice to communicate
• 4 ModelTalker voices
• Option to use any of the in-built iOS voices
• Possibility to change the rate of the iOS voice
• News Feed to keep up with the latest news from around the world
• Link your phrases in categories to YouTube videos, iTunes songs or website URLs
• US/UK dictionary selection
• Accessible via Bluetooth switch box + switch/es (compatible with Therapy Box SwitchBox and RJ Cooper Switch Interface)
• Compatible with the iOS method of scanning
• Easy to use category folder system to store quick phrases or prepared messages
• Configurable settings for auto or user scan
• History view with access to latest phrases
• Use the whole screen as a switch with scanning (Touch Anywhere method)
• Send SMS**, Email*, update Facebook* or send a tweet on Twitter*
• Replace the keyboard with a note pad for on-screen hand-writing that works with the word prediction
• Have discrete conversations without text-to-speech in the Publish mode
• Customise your screen with different colours
• Options for increased auditory prompting and visual feedback
• Change colour and opacity of the text and background in the quick keys, the keyboard keys, and the word prediction bar
• Ability to increase the size of the word prediction text
• High Contrast option
• No WiFi needed to use most the app (only needed for updating news stories and sharing via email or social media)
2011: Mphasis Universal Design Award - Predictable
2013: Ericsson App Award Winner – Predictable
2014: Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation – Therapy Box
2014: Appsters Most Innovative App - Predictable
2015:- TechUK mHealth Best App Developers - Therapy Box
2015 - Nectar Small Business Award - Therapy Box
2016: German Medical App Award - Predictable
2016: Talent Unleashed Award - Digital SME (Tech innovation)
* Available on all iDevices, while in Direct Touch access method only.
** Available on iPhone in Direct Touch access method only
You can find more information about Predictable (including a full feature list to help gauge suitability) at http://therapy-box.co.uk/predictable.aspx
Improvements to every part of Predictable.
We have been working to update, add and improve to all areas of Predictable.
Ratings and Reviews
Worth the cost
The number of apps for Augmentative and Alternative Communication has exploded, but the quality of most of the free and low-cost apps is a big problem. I work at a regional Assistive Technology Center where people come for assistance in considering AT to help with their particular physical or speech/language challenge. For a literate young or older adult, Predictable is by far the best text-to-speech app available. You get what you pay for, and in Predictable, it has solid performance, an easy to learn interface, and useful settings to costomize and make it fit particular needs. When I've had questions, their tech support has been responsive and thorough. I'm not paid by the company, but actually, if I could, I'd love to work for them. Their product rocks, and it's made a postive impact in the lives of people I work with.
Fantastic social communication tools!
So excited to download and check out the changes and I must say impressive. One of your cutting edge features was the ability to post to facebook but now you have added more! We immediately had to check them out! Emailing, texting, tweeting! You really understand how important it is to be able to connect socially. Addittionally hats off on the larger keys. That was one area that was difficult and you definately made improvements. Thanks for the great additions to a fantastic app!
nice prediction but no print option
I bought this app, for $160 mind you, to assist a student with cerebral palsy who has difficulty writing. The prediction feature is pretty nice. Doesn't predict all possible words through invented spelling of the user but does very well. I hoped that it would have a printing feature so that all text entered onto the screen could be printed and then turned in to a teacher. The Abilipad app is much less expensive, has print options, but does not do a very good job with prediciton. Please add a print option!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.