Press Your Luck™
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Big Bucks, No Whammies! The classic 80s game show is now on iPhone™. You are one of three contestants competing to collect "spins” by answering trivia questions, and then using your spins on the Big Board full of cash and prizes. The person who amasses the most in cash and prizes at the end of the game wins, but avoid the dreaded Whammies along the way, they will steal all of your cash and prizes. Features include:
•Hundreds of of trivia questions and tons of mischievous Whammy animations = Fun For All!
•Earn Spins on The Big Board for Cash and Prizes
•Custom Avatars : Design your avatar from head to toe.
•3D Graphics, theme music and game sounds create a true-to-show game experience.
•Single and Multiplayer modes available
•Unlock Achievements - Use your winnings for customized items for your avatar.
Get it now!
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Honest review right here
I loved this show as a child so had to get it. All in all it has the same feel of the game show. I read a lot of people saying the big board isn't that fun, well it isn't we all know you don't win any real money from playing so why is every square some kind of dollar amount (granted there are other prizes but few and when you do get them thy just say "you've won a trip worth 3,000 dollars!"
Throw some variety in it like: entertainment centers, computer, video game consoles, furniture.
What needs to be fixed:
1. The questions are good (I even has a it's always sunny question) but repetitious, adding atleast 100 more questions would help. Also adding some kind of internal counter that can register if a question is being used more than others.
2. I've had it crash one time not much to complain about but it should still be addressed.
3. This is the biggest one for me. I play on a iPhone meaning I get calls, text, ect... How on earth can you make a game now a days that doesn't support multitasking? This should be the first thin implemented in all iOS games. The convenience that gives us is remarkable.
4. The characters you can choose from are all pretty flamboyant. A normal person that doesn't have happy pants on would be nice.
If they address 2 of the 4 things I've listed here it'll be moved up to 4 stars. They fix all 4 of them I'd give it an easy 5 stars. It would then be a nice game for $1.00 but until then only buy for the nestalga of the game.
Nice job, but...
The overall recreation of the ORIGINAL game show (graphics) is very well done. I wish Ludia would use the original theme music in the beginning and throughout the game, not some bad recreation. The original theme version is available and they use some of it in the wii game version (during the game) so it makes no sense not to keep everything original as they did with the graphics and the game itself. The other issue with this game is when you get past 12 wins and unlock the wardrobe choices there is no use for this game anymore. Ludia... Come on... Keep the challenge going so I can keep playing. Lastly, and most important, the questions repeat themselves many times. Please fix this along with the other items mentioned and this app will get 5+ stars from other users. Bottom line... It's a fun game and worth the cheap price. It needs to be updated. I'm crossing my fingers they get it right in the next update. No whammies... Stop!!
It's fun and addicting!
I remember the tv show and bought this game and am not dissapointed thus far. I have played it 4 times so far and no repeat questions yet. They do give a lot of trips as prizes, but that is part of the excitement because you can be lagging behind then get a trip and get into the lead. I was in the lead then someone passed me a spin. I HAD to take it, and of course got the whammy. Oh well, it is still a fun game that I will play again and again. Thanks to the developers! For 99 cents it's a great way to pass time.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 21, 2010
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 198 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ludia
- © 2010 Ludia Inc. All rights reserved. Press Your Luck is a trademark of FremantleMedia Operations BV. Licensed by FremantleMedia Enterprises. www.fremantlemedia.com©2010 FremantleMedia North America, Inc. All rights reserved. Press Your Luck content and logo are used by Ludia Inc. under license
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.