Pretty Good Solitaire
By Goodsol Development Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Pretty Good Solitaire is the premier desktop solitaire game collection with 600 regular games and 80 bonus games, for a total of 680 different solitaire games.
Since 1995, Pretty Good Solitaire has been the choice of millions of solitaire players.
Includes the popular games Klondike, FreeCell, Spider, Yukon, Scorpion, Pyramid, Cruel and more.
Also includes many games invented for Pretty Good Solitaire, such as Demons and Thieves and Aces and Kings.
- easy to play - drag/drop the cards or use quick click moving.
- undo and redo all moves.
- automatically saves games.
- make the game window any size or even full screen.
- 5 card sizes, including large cards for poor eyes.
- over a dozen different beautiful professionally designed card sets.
- change card backs, or change background image or background color.
- just click on the Rules button to see the rules of each game.
- over 2 billion starting positions for each game.
- submit your statistics and see how you compare to other players.
- statistics for multiple players.
- Climb Mode, where you play from game #1 and play for a cumulative score.
Pretty Good Solitaire is the solitaire game for players who take solitaire seriously. This is not a converted mobile app, it was designed for large screen desktops/laptops. Pretty Good Solitaire has been continuously updated for nearly 20 years, with email support from http://www.goodsol.com/contact.html .
What's New in Version 3.21
- Adds 25 new games, bringing the total to 600. The new games are Batsford Again, Batsford Rush, Big Forty, Blue Jacket, Bonmaison, Cotswold, Courtyard, Double Eight Off, Double Stonewall, Emperor, Forty Four Thieves, Imperial Guards, Jumping Spider, Klondike Territory, Moojub, Napoleon, One Cell, Penelope's Web, Saratoga, Skippy, Small Triangle, Thirty-Nine Steps, Three Up, Wood, and Yucone.
- Improvements to the main screen interface - columns are now once again sortable.
- Please rate and review! Thanks!
Delightful Way to Waste Your Time
I’m a new convert to the Mac, and this is one of the first programs I purchased, since I have spent countless hours with the Windows version. Pretty Good Solitaire for Windows has been around for over 10 years, and the experience shows. The Mac version does not have quite as many games, but the play is somewhat better. Autoplay is more restrained, giving you the opportunity to do things right before it runs away with the game. Of course, you can turn it off completely, but most of the time you won’t need to. Many of the games are really just slight variation of other games, thus inflating the number of games where just adding some options to the original would do, but I forgive the author this marketing slight of hand since the product is still well worth the money for the hopelessly Solitaire addicted. A few of my Windows version favorites are not here, but the author is still hard at work, so if you too are a former Windows user stay tuned. You will not be disappoiinted.